E-brake help needed: Won't release fully

Well, I after disconnecting my equalizer rod from under car in an effort to install a safety loop that won't fit as exhaust is to close to the body, i reconnected the e-brake lines but somehow it's to tight. I have adjusted the adjustment nut all the way out and actually had to take off the locking nut so now the adjustment nut is at the end of the rod. The brakes are still sticking a little. I have a SSBC rear disc upgrade and in reading their info it says the calipers are self adjusting and something about removing the inner pad and screw the piston back in w/ a needle noise pair of pilers or a tool from the store. Does that make since? So right now w/ E-brake fully released on handle the E-brake is not actually fully released at the
wheels. Any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

If it did not stick before you took the equalizer apart the its not in the rotor rear brake assembly.
Did you put the equalizer back togeter right!
Did you put the ROD back in the correct hole, there are 2 holes, one is wrong.

If it did not stick before you took the equalizer apart the its not in the rotor rear brake assembly.
Did you put the equalizer back togeter right!
Did you put the ROD back in the correct hole, there are 2 holes, one is wrong.

Yeah the first time i put it back together i did have it in the wrong hole and could not get it tight at all, I swithed holes and it was back like it was but know it's just not fully releasing. The only reason I'm thinking it's in the rotor as the SSBC kit notes the calipers are self adjusting and I know i hit the brake pedal messing w/ it and believe that may have caused the piston's to move in more when i did not have tension on them, then when i put tension on the brake cables it became to tight even w/ full adjustment. Does that make since?