• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

E-brake light went on when brake pedal is press?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CottonBurnerz
  • Start date Start date Dec 14, 2003
C

CottonBurnerz

Banned
May 10, 2003
1,554
0
0
Drink and Drive = Teh Lose
Dec 14, 2003
#1
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #1
I just came home from work and right before I stop at the stop sign, I press the brake pedal down considerably hard and then I saw the E-brake light came on.. Then when I brake to turn in to my house, I notice that the light came on only when I press the brake pedal down pretty far.

Once I stopped at my driveway, I tried pressing the brake pedal real hard but the light did not come up. It seems to come up only when I press brake far more than I needed while the car is rolling.. any ideas?
 

NiteMareGT

New Member
Feb 20, 2003
300
1
0
Danville,VA. USA
Dec 14, 2003
#2
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #2
CottonBurnerz said:
I just came home from work and right before I stop at the stop sign, I press the brake pedal down considerably hard and then I saw the E-brake light came on.. Then when I brake to turn in to my house, I notice that the light came on only when I press the brake pedal down pretty far.

Once I stopped at my driveway, I tried pressing the brake pedal real hard but the light did not come up. It seems to come up only when I press brake far more than I needed while the car is rolling.. any ideas?
Click to expand...

Sounds like the brake fluid is low. As far as the light, it's your brake system light altogether, not just your e-brake light. If something is the matter with your brake system, this same light will come on. Is this on your 03? Take it in and make them check it out at the dealership !!!
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Dec 14, 2003
#3
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #3
Check fluid...if OK then take it to dealer and ask them what's up?
 
G

GinoGT

Founding Member
Aug 11, 2002
1,862
0
36
Dec 14, 2003
#4
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #4
I had the same problem, turned out there was a slow leak in the right rear caliper. If there is ANY fluid missing, I would give the entire system an inspection. Brakes are one thing you really don't want to overlook.
 
C

CottonBurnerz

Banned
May 10, 2003
1,554
0
0
Drink and Drive = Teh Lose
Dec 14, 2003
#5
  • Dec 14, 2003
  • #5
Well I just bled the brake this morning.. peharps it's leaking somewhere.. i'll check the fluid level first thing in the morning.. thanks all
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
144
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
179
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
D
Resolved 1985 GT brake pedal problems
  • DienstXIV
  • Jun 19, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
569
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2025
DienstXIV
D
S
Brake issue after changing pads and rotors
  • squirrel0420
  • Jul 14, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
956
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2025
nickyb
P
Is it normal for all of this to go wrong or did I get played when I bought this ONLY A MONTH AGO.
  • ponygal02
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
322
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 14, 2025
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?