E7TE Ported or GT40 OR GT40P

SportStang

Apr 8, 2008
On a tight budget and I need help in selecting heads for my 91 302 roller .030 9.5:1 e303 cam Hydraulic roller lifters double timing chain. Plan on a dual plane intake, 600 carb and shorty headers, backed by a t5 tranny. I also need help on what roller rockers and push rod length to use. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'd say the gt40 irons. P's will require $200 headers.
1.6 rockers will leave you more cam choices in the future.
Push rod lenght has to be measured for each specific car, a guesstimate will only do harm.

my carbed gt40 explorer motor with nothing more than a TFS stage 1 roller cam and new valve springs is pretty nasty. gt40 explorer motors are getting pretty common in junkyards so you can look around and find a set for not much more than a set of E7's, so go for it.

Are you buying headers one way or another? If so, get the GT40P heads and just buy the MAC or Ford Racing P specific headers.

I'd go with a Wieand Stealth intake and a Holley 600.

My friend has a set of DO0E 58cc 1.94 and 1.6 heads would these be a good choice

Those wouldn't be stock heads though, no stock 302/351 head came with a 1.94 intake valve. That would pretty much put him in the porting area and if he's gonna do port work he would be better off to go with GT40P heads as a base to start porting on.