E7TE Ported or GT40 OR GT40P

SportStang

Apr 8, 2008
On a tight budget and I need help in selecting heads for my 91 302 roller .030 9.5:1 e303 cam Hydraulic roller lifters double timing chain. Plan on a dual plane intake, 600 carb and shorty headers, backed by a t5 tranny. I also need help on what roller rockers and push rod length to use. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say the gt40 irons. P's will require $200 headers.
1.6 rockers will leave you more cam choices in the future.
Push rod lenght has to be measured for each specific car, a guesstimate will only do harm.

my carbed gt40 explorer motor with nothing more than a TFS stage 1 roller cam and new valve springs is pretty nasty. gt40 explorer motors are getting pretty common in junkyards so you can look around and find a set for not much more than a set of E7's, so go for it.

On a tight budget and I need help in selecting heads for my 91 302 roller .030 9.5:1 e303 cam Hydraulic roller lifters double timing chain. Plan on a dual plane intake, 600 carb and shorty headers, backed by a t5 tranny. I also need help on what roller rockers and push rod length to use. Any help would be much appreciated.

Are you buying headers one way or another? If so, get the GT40P heads and just buy the MAC or Ford Racing P specific headers.

I'd go with a Wieand Stealth intake and a Holley 600.

My friend has a set of DO0E 58cc 1.94 and 1.6 heads would these be a good choice

Those wouldn't be stock heads though, no stock 302/351 head came with a 1.94 intake valve. That would pretty much put him in the porting area and if he's gonna do port work he would be better off to go with GT40P heads as a base to start porting on.