Ecm Swap

Roman Popeluk

Oct 12, 2015
I have a Anderson PMS4 and it has a harness for 88 to 93 Mustang. I have a 94 Mustang and either need a new harness or swap ecm to the A9L I've been told. I have been told the A9L would be a better ecm anyway but there needs to be a couple of wires swapped around plus hard wire in the fan. Can anyone tell me which wires need to be swapped in the 94 harness to make my Anderson PMS work? Diagrams or schematics would be a great help. I know some of you guys have done this before but I can't find any threads on it. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

It is more than just a couple of wires...

Unless you find a detailed how to do it description somewhere, you will have to be a highly skilled automotive electrical tech to make this work without destroying the original wiring.

There is no provision for electric fan control in any of the 86-93 5.0 Mustang computers. You will need an external electric fan controller for use with those model year computers.

The main problem is the 94 Mustang CCM control module. It operates the fuel pump, computer, and electric fan along with the A/C and some other options. You would need to figure out how to integrate the older wiring harness into the CCM. In addition, the dash instruments and some other things (possibly windshield wipers) are built into the main computer wiring harness for the 86-93 5.0 Mustang.

Wiring diagrams: see Mustang FAQ - Wiring & Engine Info they will have some of the wiring diagrams you would need. Both the 89-93 and 94-95 Mustangs have wiring diagrams posted there.

I have a Anderson PMS4 and it has a harness for 88 to 93 Mustang. I have a 94 Mustang and either need a new harness or swap ecm to the A9L I've been told. I have been told the A9L would be a better ecm anyway but there needs to be a couple of wires swapped around plus hard wire in the fan. Can anyone tell me which wires need to be swapped in the 94 harness to make my Anderson PMS work? Diagrams or schematics would be a great help. I know some of you guys have done this before but I can't find any threads on it. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I know your post is over a year old but here's the info (Also known as PIH) for re-pinning a 94-95 harness to accept the A9L. Afterwards it will then accept the PMS Fox style harness. The same PMS box is used from 89-95. The main harness is the only difference between 89-93 and 94-95. If you have any problems with the link then message me and I can send you the pdf. file.

Attachments

• PIH_manual.pdf
    928.9 KB · Views: 441
I know your post is over a year old but here's the info (Also known as PIH) for re-pinning a 94-95 harness to accept the A9L. Afterwards it will then accept the PMS Fox style harness. The same PMS box is used from 89-95. The main harness is the only difference between 89-93 and 94-95. If you have any problems with the link then message me and I can send you the pdf. file.

I also have info and pinout for the internal 10 pin connector in the Series 4 that allows datalogging of 8-custom sensors, 1-ground, and 1-5v source. I have the pins and sockets to build the matching 10-pin connector for anyone who is interested. (This is for datalogging gauges like AEM and Autometer electronic gauges with a 22-gauge 0-5v data wire)

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0010.JPEG
    IMG_0010.JPEG
    11.3 KB · Views: 185