EFI fuel system questions...

kttrucks

Apr 28, 2008
Tennessee
I've searched alot on this an other forums and I'm surprised that there are not more options out there for a return line fuel tank for our classic cars.... I'm doing a 4.6 supercharged engine swap and really really wanted to find a drop in tank that didnt cost $2000.00 and then still vent into the trunk. Does anybody have a resourse that I havent found yet? or solid advice for converting an existing tank, or something I havent though about. I know there are several guys on here that are doing similar swaps, just curious how you cross this hurdle. I've even though about using the polyethelene tank from the donor 04 Cobra and altering my trunk floor to accomodate it.... I want a baffled tank and the ability to use the factory in-tank dual fuel pump setup( or something similar aftermarket) just for the simplicity of staying with as much of the Cobra as possible.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

KT.

• Sponsors (?)

We usually puts sumps in, and just weld in a return, for blo thru, or EFI. There are ways to put the stock type pumps in them, just can;t remember where I've seen it.
You can also buy a fuel sending unit that has the pick up and return in it. Was thinking about making tanks out of AL to drop in for things like this, but gets old being low balled and asked "what's your bottom dollar?" like it's a swap meet. lol