EGR Plate

MY84GT350

May 13, 2005
Hello,
I was wondering if it would help my peformance any if I removed the EGR plate under my carb and installed a 1" spacer there? Also if I did remove it would it hurt me on trying to pass emmisions. Also the smog pump?

• Sponsors (?)

Ignore ME WHY ?????

MY84GT350 said:
Hello,
I was wondering if it would help my peformance any if I removed the EGR plate under my carb and installed a 1" spacer there? Also if I did remove it would it hurt me on trying to pass emmisions. Also the smog pump?

WHY IS THAT EVERYTIME I ASK A TECH QUESTION ON THIS SITE NO ONE WILL ANSWER IT. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET EXCEPTED IN THIS SO CALLED TECH TALK FORUM. IT SEEMS TO BE MORE OF A CHAT ROOM

Removing the emissions components will make it nearly impossible to pass emissions. If you are tested just leave the systems alone. Not sure on a carb'd car, but with efi the EGR does not hurt power and will actually improve mpg. Removing the pump will help power but if you have cats they will most likely plug up quickly.

There have been a lot of threads on emissions stuff.

Good Luck

MY84GT350 said:
WHY IS THAT EVERYTIME I ASK A TECH QUESTION ON THIS SITE NO ONE WILL ANSWER IT. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET EXCEPTED IN THIS SO CALLED TECH TALK FORUM. IT SEEMS TO BE MORE OF A CHAT ROOM
Honestly, posting stuff like this wont help. It is not personal - your thread was less than 5 hours old when you bumped it. I don't think that I am a mean guy, and I post often in here to try and help others, but I have had threads get no decent replies. It just depends upon who sees the thread and answers. And most guys in here run EFI, so they might not feel comfy posting a reply.

Now, not that i would ever suggest altering emissions components, but IMHO, the EGR on a carbed vehicle (read no computer interaction based upon EGR input) does not do a whole lot.
VRI is right on about the EGR on a puter controlled car. But in your case, i would doubt you see any difference (removing it or not, really). if you want (for off road purposes, of course. ;) ) try removing it (or disconnecting the plumbing to the spacer) and see how it does.

good luck.