egr & smog delete side effects

blacksunshine1

Feb 27, 2004
I just installed bbk equal lengths,now my egr tube doesn't fit. If I cap the holes will my 'stang run like crap? also my engine bay looks alot better with out all the hoses. I was thinkin' of pluggin back of the heads and removeing the smog stuff but concerned how she'll run

• Sponsors (?)

it should run fine, you will get a check engine light if you dont do the plunger 1/2 in 1/2 out trick

if you search for EGR delete you should find out exactly what to do. and the vaccume lines that are connected to the smog pump can just be plugged after you pull the pump

if you dont have catalytic converters you can remove the smog pump with no issue. the egr however can cause driveability issues. remember that the egr does nothing at WOT, so there is absolutely no performance gain by removing it. the plunger trick will keep the CEL off, but the only correct way to get rid of it is to turn the EGR off with a chip.

not a good idea. my car drove like ass when i tried the plunger method. pinged all the time and gas milage went way down. like green siad, the only propper way to delete the egr is via tuning device. you can remove all the smog equipment without having any problems.