Egr tubing reroute

Firehawk335

May 3, 2006
Just finished installing some shorty headers and catted bbk midpipe on my 88gt. I am running into an issue where the return pipe that comes off the mid pipe is connected to a hose that goes into a valve. That specific hose wants to sit directly on the header. Guessing it will cook if it stays there so wondered if anyone knows what kind of tubing that is and if it can be purchased so I can try and reroute it? Also does anyone know if rerouting will cause issues if I change the length?

I was thinking about just ripping it all out but saw someone say if I remove the smog and egr that my cats will clog. So I guess that is not an option.

• Sponsors (?)

pretty sure that pipe feeds air from the smog pump into the exhaust. its not hot air so any good heater hose will suffice.

That tube is off the air pump, and has nothing to do with the EGR. If you still have cats, you need to run the air pimp.

Rip it all off, pull your pass side inner fender and reroute it all inside there. Use 3/4" (I think that's the size but confirm it first) to create the plumbing inside the fender. You can cut the metal tube down and hook up the rubber hose at a lower point.

All that passes through it is air

ok thanks guys. Obviously some confusion on my part of what connects to the smog pump and what is egr. Going to try for some rerouting using the heater hose of confirmed size.

Reactions: 1 user