Exhaust Electric Cutout exhaust mounting location??

Bdoe512

Feb 3, 2021
Austin Tx
Hello, i recently got a 2011 Mustang GT, and i wanted to beef up the stock exhaust a bit.
I purchased some Electric Cutouts to add, but i am stuck on where to mount them.

Some have said, before cats
After the cats and before the X
After the X and before resonator
After resonator before the mufflers.

I am not looking for a open header obnoxious sound or drone, and definitely no raspy/poppy sound.

I was thinking before the mufflers, and after the resonator, but some have said there is not much of a difference between that and stock.
So i thought what about before the resonator? Was also told that may make it sound a bit raspy, and poppy like.

These youtube videos don't do much justice with the bad microphones, and lack of tone.

Does anyone have these, and what would you recommend based on the above? I really don't want to dish out extra $$ for the shop to try different methods.

• Sponsors (?)

If you mount them before the cats, you're going to have a bad time. (Check engine light and reduced power).

Anywhere after the cats won't hurt anything. The further forward the louder they will be.

MustangMatt, yea shops won't do before cats, illegal.
As for the other spots, i want good tone with it, not raspy or popping all over the place, which i heard it would be if i did it anywhere before the resonators.
I can't say how true that is, cause i can't find a decent video of a 5.0 with cutouts