electric fan mounts?

BelueLX

Founding Member
Jul 10, 1999
Im getting a new radiator and dont want to run those cheap looking plastic retainers for my cooling fan thru the radiator. does anyone sell a decently priced fan that mounts with some bolts?

• Sponsors (?)

I used a piece of 1 inch aluminum L at the bottom, and small bolts at the top.

fan8.jpg

Thats a MarkVIII fan

Full install info:
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/markviii.htm

Attachments

• fan8.jpg
    fan8.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 112
Thats how I did it, and I shoved t atab on tha shroud between the endtank and the core, then got a piece of metal fo the other side, screwed it to the frame rail, and it's holding down that side of than fan.

Once it starts warming up around here I will be putting in my Mark VII fan.....I found it in a junkyard, and had to get it :D

A trip to Home Depot for some aluminum angle will get you the raw material you need. A hacksaw or electric sabre saw will cut it to whatever size you need to succeed.

By far the best and longest lasting unit I have found..(have had it in for 4 yrs) is
the electric fan found in the 97 lincoln town car, it fit into the stock mustang shroud.
This fan is designed to run contiuously..and 4 yrs of eveyday (except for winter) proves beyond doubt that this is a great unit and readily available either new or used. even with underdrives it keeps things cool

blackfox---u didnt hold it down with anything on teh bottom? my taurus fan was shot and it was a tad bit of a tight fit so i dunno if im gonna go with that again. Are u putting in a mark VII or u meant to type VIII? how much that run u? and do u know the clearance between the fan and the WP pulley? my taurus was like less than a 1/4 inch

thanks for all the pics. i threw my stock clutch fan back on until i can make something that looks good. surprisingly it cleared the 8-rib vortech pulley without a problem. what kind of overflow tanks (catch can) are you using?

AXIStang said:
thanks for all the pics. i threw my stock clutch fan back on until i can make something that looks good. surprisingly it cleared the 8-rib vortech pulley without a problem. what kind of overflow tanks (catch can) are you using?

I was wondering what electric fan will fit between a brass 3 core rad and a vortech 8 rib pulley? Taurus? Mark VIII? I want to get rid of the stock clutch fan..Any info...