electric seat in 2002 Mustang wont work

• Sponsors (?)

I had a problem with the motor not working. It made a humming noise but didn’t move the seat, but if it was out of the car and didn’t have a load, it would operate. Is it making any noises or when you push the button it just doesn’t do anything?

My suggestions?

Check the fuse under the hood. If that pans out, remove the plug under the seat and check with a meter for voltage. If you have 12v there, then likely the seat base is faulty, or the gears are broken.

Used seat bases are around $100 on ebay. So if Ford wants to charge you $500+ or so to install one, i'd pass and do it yourself...if you can.

My suggestions?

Check the fuse under the hood. If that pans out, remove the plug under the seat and check with a meter for voltage. If you have 12v there, then likely the seat base is faulty, or the gears are broken.

Used seat bases are around $100 on ebay. So if Ford wants to charge you $500+ or so to install one, i'd pass and do it yourself...if you can.
Thanks for the info. It's at Ford right now so will post when and if I get it back fixed.