Electronic Throttle--No smoky Burnouts??????

• Sponsors (?)

I have had my 05 stick for a couple of weeks and agree if you get on it in first gear it will not do a burnout that well....but if you have driven any stick shift and got up to high rpms and dumped the clutch then of course it will peel out. Know keep in mind i also have owned a 93 5.0 that would get loose no matter what with 308 gears instead of 355s...the new 05's electronic throttle in my opinion sucks with the factory flash. I have been on the interstate several times and went to pass someone at 70 and dropped it in third...it hesitated for almost a second before it accelrated. I have never had this problem with my previous mustangs with a direct throttle linkage before and to me this is not a good feature. People try to to say that when you hit the pedal w/ electronic response that electricity travels faster than a mechanical setup but what is up with the hesitation?? This is a #1 aftermarket fix for me b/c when I hit the pedal I damn better move!!!

The car Eric was driving in the video above was a bone stock production car. And every '05 GT manual is capable of the same thing. Yes, the car hooks well enough that the threshold of RPMs before dumping the clutch may be a bit higher than on some previous Mustangs, but it will definitely do great burnouts. I've done my share.... :)