Emg brake cables to short

After 2 months on jack stands, my 73 is back (temp) on all four hoofs. I rebuilt the rear (New bearings, seals, disk brake conversion, new bushings, paint) I replaced the emg brake cables but with the new rear disk brakes I'm about four to six inches short from making it work. Any suggestion??

• Sponsors (?)

I used the SSB with 10 inch rotars, I guess what you telling me is that I will need to splice in few inches to make them work. This will be another adventure, seems every
job is being a problem. It was a hell of alot easer taking it all a part, but then the real trick IS putting it all back together !!! LOL

I used the SSB with 10 inch rotars, I guess what you telling me is that I will need to splice in few inches to make them work. This will be another adventure, seems every
job is being a problem. It was a hell of alot easer taking it all a part, but then the real trick IS putting it all back together !!! LOL

I think the easiest and more productive way is to dump the old cables and foot pedal, get SN95 cables at a junk yard, or whatever cables that came with calipers you have, and some universal hand brake lever. I have no idea if you could find the longer cables by that exact length +- up to 1/4" to go with the foot pedal. An option is to measure the cables in a part store for a fit but I bet folks there won't have patience with you

New cables maybe, but why ditch the foot pedal unless you don't like it ?

The foot pedal is hard (I would say impossible without pedal modification) to relocate in case he did not find proper cables, which I think is very likely. So instead I suggested hand brake which can be installed anywhere on the tunnel to use whatever cable he has. On the second thought I guess he may be able to use existing cables if placing the hand brake between left door and seat (if only its length is a problem)

I follow you. I just think that it is more work to change out the parking brake actuator then it is to get correct/custom length cables. Now if you don't like the foot pedal, then I'm with you 100%

As for me, I'll be puting in a Farrari/Porsche style parking brake to the left of my drivers seat =)