Resolved Emissions Reserve vacuum routing in passenger side wheel well

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator

Yyhoop

Nov 4, 2023
Vernon Florida
I have 2 vacuum lines coming through the passenger side wheel well that have been chewed off. Do they both go the emissions reserve can (1/2 soup can looking). If so do they go to a 2 in 1 out? Is there a check valve or anything else that is supposed to be in-line with them? 1991 LX Vert
IMG_6978.jpeg
IMG_6979.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I believe the vac can in the pic is for emissions, the vac can for the hvac should be in there too, it's more of a plastic bulb with tabs for mounting.
The hvac is already hooked up. These two vac lines were in the wheel well as well.

They are coming from the emissions system. Just wondering and I’m assuming they both go to the emissions can pictured in the image above. Just wondering how they get hooked up.

I looked in my book but it shows the same pic as the link so I looked at mine and there are two lines that go into the wheel house from that block of lines. I see no others going into there, I'll dig a little deeper in the morning but I only remember two vac cans and two lines in there.
I do suffer from CRS though :(

I looked in my book but it shows the same pic as the link so I looked at mine and there are two lines that go into the wheel house from that block of lines. I see no others going into there, I'll dig a little deeper in the morning but I only remember two vac cans and two lines in there.
I do suffer from CRS though :(
I did find this picture, Seems to make sense It appears that my two chewed up lines go into an 2 in, 1 out adapter, then plugs in to the emission vac can.
I think The third vac line comes off the HVAC check valve (normally on the firewall, whoever took this picture relocated theirs to the wheel well) to the the HVAC reserve.
vac.png

Last edited:
I can't get a pic but let me see if I can give a description, the fuel tank vent/charcoal canister is separate by itself, the hvac vac line is by itself, with one line into the fender well to bulb like can, the emissions vac stuff is by it's self, I have two emissions vac lines into the fender well so there must be another two-in-one check valve in the fender well, a temporary solution would be to plug off those two lines until a two-in-one check valve is found and installed if keeping the emissions vac lines intact.
Important thing is the tank vent vac system (charcoal canister/vent valve) is not hooked to anything other than the intake by itself.
Oh, and the pic of the area inside the fender well is likely not accurate, I think a 'wire tuck' was done and vac lines moved.

@Yyhoop - Does your egr function properly? I'm wondering if those 2 vac lines are part of the egr vacuum line routing.

Agree... looks like a wire tuck was done there.
they were chewed off in the wheel well so assume they go in the wheel well. It looks like they are tied in to the TAB and TAD though I haven’t completely explored how. One of the lines appears to have a check valve on it right near the TAB and TAD.

I haven’t checked the functionality of the EGR but I believe there is a potential issue. RPM bounces a little.

Not a close up pic though. Let me dig around a bit more but i don't think this is going to show what needs to be shown.

Round ball is for the HVAC, and the one toward the front is a reserve for the TAD/TAB and EGR. When you go WOT, without the reserve those devices will lose vacuum and not function as intended.

IMG_6478.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    822.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: