engine choice help

• Sponsors (?)

I've never heard of them before, but their prices seem fair and the power numbers seem impressive (if a bit inflated to me). As an alternative, you might check out a place like www.speedomotive.com, which has a nice variety of comparable engines. The nice thing about Speedomotive is they've been around a long time and have a decent reputation. In addition, the cost of shipping (to your closes air terminal) is included with the price of their engines. This may actually save you a bit of cash in the end... :shrug:

DarkBuddha said:
I've never heard of them before, but their prices seem fair and the power numbers seem impressive (if a bit inflated to me). As an alternative, you might check out a place like www.speedomotive.com, which has a nice variety of comparable engines. The nice thing about Speedomotive is they've been around a long time and have a decent reputation. In addition, the cost of shipping (to your closes air terminal) is included with the price of their engines. This may actually save you a bit of cash in the end... :shrug:

Uhhh yeah I went to speedomotive cause of their reputation...they dropped the ball on me BIG TIME and refused to do anything to make it right. Some how I had to eat the cost on custom pistons that THEY sent the wrong specs to Ross on....I gave them the correct specs, they have the correct specs on file (and my reciept has the correct specs I gave them on it), the fax that went to Ross....(which I also obtained a copy off) was incorrect...so they supplied my with a stroker kit with 'x' specs which I assembled....then found out I had 12.5:1 and not 10.5:1 the hard way. It cost me over 3k to recover and those morons refused to even replace the pistons and pins that they f'ed up....sorry if I am rambling (but custom pistons cost more than $1000 when all said and done)......I told them I was going to take every oppurtunity to explain their lack of customer service online and to all the members of my local club and I was essentially told to f' off they didn't care.

So long story short...Speedo may have had a reputation once....but they do shoddy work and refuse to stand behind their quality. A company that deserves to be stayed away from.

Well that sucks! I'm disappointed to hear of your experience. I don't have any personal dealings with them, but have heard good things about them over the years. It seems customer service continues to be one of the main facets that the automotive aftermarket/service industry continues to f u c k up. This seems to be the biggest single complaint when any company comes up... its almost never the actual product... hell, even in your cass, the product might be ok for someone... but if they don't look at mistakes as opportunities to generate customer loyalty, then they're screwed. :nonono:

too bad, i'm sorry about your experience. i agree, the aftermarket guys have sometimes not been the best, but don't give up. there's plenty of good enginebuilders out there
if it were me, i'd go for the 351, much more fun on the street, and faster in the drags. but, for road racing, the 302 wins hands down. all depends on what you're gonna be using the car for