Engine Frame mounts.... Interchange???

Cruizer67

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
Kingsburg Ca...
I'm trying to figure out which engine frame mounts i can use to install a V8 into a 1963 Comet? I believe the interchange is similar to that of a Mustang anyone know anything about this? Also if It is so.. what years would interchange? Could I use parts from a cougar, or early maverick as well? this is also concerning the lower control arms..

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Done it many times to early Falcons. They take the early '65 Mustang/'64 Falcon three piece mounts. I put a 351C in a '64 Ranchero with them. My wifes '61 Ranchero has a 289...4-speed with 'em and my '64 Falcon Sprint V8. The only way I can put a 351C in a '65-'66 Mustang or early Falcon is with this mount. They hold the motor a bit lower than the '66 Mustang type mounts and with a little work, the motor can be lowered 3/4" more. I'm changing the mounts in our '66 coup over to these mounts.

motormount1.jpg

motormount2.jpg

motormount3.jpg

This is something you can do to the drivers side mount to keep it from coming apart. Drill a hole through it and use a good grade bolt and a nylon nut. This and a torque strap will keep your motor in it's place.

John

I know this is a OLD topic but I think it Merits somewhat to What im trying to find out so no reason to start a new forum post.

Im trying to find out what Motor mounts I need for my 66 Coupe that will have a 351W and If these ones you spoke of that Drop the Mounting down some that would help my Tremec transmission

I have this part of the mount which came with the car
View attachment 523796
Thanks

Dave