Engine Instruments

Jato

Feb 23, 2020
Kansas City
My engine instruments stopped working and so I changed the CVR. I found a loose terminal on the old one so assumed that was the issue. After installing the new one, the instruments still were not working. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

by not working i assume you mean the needles dont move at all, yes? if so then you have a power problem to the instruments. start by checking your fuses. you may have other things not working as well.

after that check downstream of the gauges to the sensors and make sure they are hooked up, are grounded properly etc.

This is in a 66 coupe. Everything else works in the car. Just not the fuel gauge, oil pressure, and engine temp. Just fishing here, but could the problem also be in the ignition switch as far as providing power to the CVR at startup?

This is in a 66 coupe. Everything else works in the car. Just not the fuel gauge, oil pressure, and engine temp. Just fishing here, but could the problem also be in the ignition switch as far as providing power to the CVR at startup?

the problem is that all the gauges are not working, and that means a power issue to the IVR. it could be in the switch, but that usually means you have other systems having issues as well.