Engine Stalls, hard to restart, blown fuses??? Help

velocity

Nov 12, 2003
Colorado
I have a 94 Gt Vert, engine seems to die only at idle after it is warmed up and then it is hard to restart. Engine turns over, but will not start. After a few minutes of waiting I can restart most of the time. Also fuse #8 and fuse #15 keep blowing. They cover gauge cluster, interior lights, door chime, radio memory, clock, "dummy lights/indicators." I have unplugged aftermarket radio and alarm, and they still blow. Also I have had a vacuum leak for the emission controls (EGR valve and associated engine code for this), which I am pretty sure that I have repaired. The 3 vacuum hose connection between egr and solonoid is a piece of crap, I don't know how that was ever air tight.

Any suggestions to check before I take into the shop, I have been working on this for about a month or so now and just getting fed up. I am tired of not having my car.

I have replaced the spark plugs, o2 sensors, fuel pump, cleaned cap and rotor.

thanks for your help in advance!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Any codes?

More info on the fuses. IIRC, one fuse is hot at all times and one is accessory hot. Do both fuses blow at the same time? What do you do to make them blow?

Good luck.

both are currently blown right not, however I have not tried to replace either because I don't want to just waste fuses. They just blow as I am driving ( I can tell because they control the gauge cluster.) Most of the time it is just one fuse at a time. At one time I had unplugged some multiple wire connection behind the glove box (left side as your are facing) and that made it stop blowing instantly after plugged in(after the fuse was already blown). I tried that again and it did not work. The connection seems to be just a sensor or switch because there is no other connections to it, it is about 2-3 inches square and about an inch thick. I have no idea what it is, it is not in the chiltons or haynes manual.

sorry, what is IIRC?

Thank you for your help!!

That little square box that I was talking about was the low oil module (behind the glove box) I tried unplugging that and plugging it back in and it still blew. I think I will try unplugging everything and just leaving that unplugged. I think I can just check my oil a little more regularly. So long as everything works.

So hopefully that problem is solved. But now for the engine dying at idle after warm up? Any suggestions?