Engine Swap Question

• Sponsors (?)

v6 or inline 6?

if it is an inline 6, you need to swap the k-member.

if it is a 3.8L v6, you just need the normal things (besides the engine assembly itself):
complete exhaust system
keep your p/s pump (not the one on the engine)
trans bellhousing (for stock trans) or new trans
some creative wiring (not many original harnesses are available or 83's, or really needed, since its just for ignition and starter)

you might be able to keep the trans (but it wouldnt last for long).

Thanks for the reply guys. I don't have the car yet, I saw this car locally that was in my price range and before I thought about buying it I was interested in knowing what would be required to do the swap and see if it was worth it. I'm not sure which 6 cylinder it has though. I'm not to fond of having to change out the k-member though. Almost had to do that in my 81 t-top, god I still wish I had that car. What about the rear end, would that have to be swapped out as well? I'll check out that website, thanks a lot.:)

89 nothback project...engine swap...

i just recently purchased a 1989 mustang lx notchback that has allready had the enigine swap....4 cyl to 347 stroker.....my elder brother loved the car so much he has found him a 1989 notchback with a V6 in it...we wanna put a carb'd 302 for starters in it....car is an automatic we wanna make it a manual....we've never tackled a project like this befor most we've ever done is basic bolt on's... my car is fuel injected and has lots of extras done to it....computer and wiring & ect...ect...im just lookin to see where to begin after we pull the V6 & tranny out...& rear end out....front suspension too??? or will it withstand the 302 for a few years?