Engine Swap Questions...

Fast_Mustang87

Aug 24, 2004
Illinois
Hello everyone. I plan on doing a engine swap sometime soon. I currenly have a 91 2.3 automatic mustang. Well i plan on swaping the engine with a Carb 351 Or a EFI 302. What would i have to change around on the 2.3. I know ill have to change the transmission and suspension, drive shaft, crossmember, Maybe the rear end? So my question is what would i have to change in order to get a v8 in it. I don't know what would be easyer to put a 302 EFI or a Carb 351. Any help or suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

There suppose to be a easy swap and it's been posted on here many"O"times. Try a search and see what you can come up with. I know the gold coupe that was on pinks still had the 4 cyl rear end in it and it looked to have alot of torque lol.

If I were going to do that swap (and I was very close to it with my 2.3) I would go efi 351w.
I don't think the 351w efi conversion would be that much tougher, compared to a 302 efi conversion.

I saw a thread in the Tech index sticky on 2.3 conversions, so that may be a good place to start.

Good Luck and be sure to post your progress for all to enjoy :D

jason

I saw that car on pinks, It was bad ass..But i do plan on stuffing a 351 carb in my car..I saw a engine on ebay that was built by a nascar engine builder its a 347 stroker with 415 H.P with 430 Torque for 4,000. Im thinkin about giving that a try but we will see what happens..I don't know what kind of tranny yet, either a C-4 or a AOD out of a 90-93 Mustang, any suggestions?