Engine Engine/transmission HIGH REV IN REVERSE

My name is Longsideburns202, if you add gmail. com to the name thats my personal email,

So my issue is i have a 92 LX 4 Cyl converted over to a 5 speed 5.0 EFI, now that i've done the conversion, i was excited to try it out, but now as soon as i put the tranny in reverse, it revs high, to 4.5k-5k and hangs there until i remove out of reverse gear. If i cycle through all other 5 gears nothing happens as in no rev up or hang. And i am parked in my garage so i haven't fully tried to go forward either. I am stumped, and don't know where to begin, i guess to say the least, i want to be pointed in the right direction versus, trying to problem solve and don't know where to start. im located in Las Vegas NV. any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Tranny is a t5.

• Sponsors (?)

You have a miswire somewhere in your conversion efforts.
Start troubleshooting by dumping the codes from the computer.

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

You have a miswire somewhere in your conversion efforts.
Start troubleshooting by dumping the codes from the computer.

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/

For sure I will give it a shot. So while I'm searching for crossed wires, what should I be mindful when reading codes? Because I dont have any egr or emissions anything except that egr delete plug from Ebay.

For sure I will give it a shot. So while I'm searching for crossed wires, what should I be mindful when reading codes? Because I dont have any egr or emissions anything except that egr delete plug from Ebay.

The computer shuts down the EGR system when it detects WOT (Wide Open Throttle), so the effect on full throttle performance is too small to have any measurable negative effects.

The resistor packs used to fool the computer into turning off the CEL (Check Engine Light) off are a bad idea. All they really do is mess up the data the computer uses to calculate the correct air/fuel mixture. You can easily create problems that are difficult to pin down and fix.

Reactions: 1 user