Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I'm sure that this has mentioned before but I see that you have chosen the "I see you F****** oil leak" grey for the block and accessories. :nice:

What's with the wide pulley? Is that the one you ran before?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure that this has mentioned before but I see that you have chosen the "I see you F****** oil leak" grey for the block and accessories. :nice:

What's with the wide pulley? Is that the one you ran before?
Lol yes I will be able to laser pin point any leaks on this engine with a quickness!

The blower pulley is in fact the same one I ran before, to my knowledge they do not make a 6 rib version for the m112.

That is a busy belt
I am not 100% sure that is the route or tensioner I am going to use. The difficulty is getting a tensioner that will do the job and package correctly in the space I have. Sure I can tension the belt with the alternator but I need some amount of spring for when the weight of the blower rotors try to rip the belt off the car during gear changes.

IMG_20180601_170921_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180601_170908_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180601_170849_hdr.jpg
IMG_20180601_170836_hdr.jpg

I don't know what this is off of, I found it in a box of parts in the stunt double, has ford and duellie on it, I also have multiple grooved and flat pullies from the 7.3 in the dump truck so we have options.

At some part stores the replacement tensioner pulley ( just the pulley ) is smooth with a raised edge like the original factory pulley but plastic.

This is the pulley we are supposed to have on our mustangs. For some reason parts stores started replacinh them with flat smooth pulleys. This is why a bunch of people throw belts at high rpm and get squeaks.

Screenshot_20180601-211744.png

Screenshot_20180601-211736.png

Autozone used to carry them in stock but part number may be different. Advance Auto never had the correct pulley. Any time I replace a tensioner I make them defect the smooth pulley and exchange for raised edge smooth pulley. The factory did it for a reason.

I know this is more than what you asked, Steve. The part number is in there somwheres...

Reactions: 1 users
So got some quick shots of the progress made, the brackets take a bit of time to get just right. Everything must be within a degree or so or the belt will do a high speed come off, we dont want that.
20180601_153106.jpg

This piece holds the bottom of the tensioner in place, turned out nice and solid.
20180601_205146.jpg

I think we are almost there, the belt was too short. It should go under the idler pulley between the alternator and blower.

More in the works, waiting for a big order to come in from summit. Lots of fittings and braided nylon line coming (i could not bring myself to use the supplied fittings and hose), I am also tapping the passenger side rail where they use that odd o ring plug... nope not on my car :nono:
In that order are the intake gaskets I need to make final measurements, I am planning a blower snout support. It wont be anything fancy just a cradle but I want it to function properly, the less things move the better. I dont want any gasket issues.

Still have to figure out what I am going to do for the wmeth nozzle, i want it downstream of the blower but i am out of real estate.

Reactions: 4 users
The nylon braided line worked out really well on my car. It made things so much easier. The metal braided lines can be a PITA.

My order came in but the hose will be here tomorrow.... my plan for this weekend is to get the iat sensor tapped in it's new location and make the intake permanently installed. Fit brackets for the fuel rails and test fit the AN fittings. Complete the front dress on the engine and the cradle for the blower nose.

So not much right?

Reactions: 1 users
AN stuff is really nice, I like it.

20180608_122109.jpg
20180608_122113.jpg
20180608_131138.jpg
20180608_133521.jpg

Took longer than I anticipated but the fuel rails are mounted and the lines are made up.
The regulator location is going to make the inlet pipe a bitch to route.... gonna have to think on that one

Reactions: 4 users
So let us take a moment here and contemplate the chosen path. :chin

Some of the newer folks may not know while some of the older folks may remember that the first version of the project was this:

6adb9d2094f71656894aee5461823124.jpg

Look at how the mighty hath fallen:

20180608_133521-jpg.jpg

A vast improvement in my book even though Version One [was] kinda cool. :D

Reactions: 3 users