Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Hells no. :nono:

I used the arp head bolts and only lube torqued to 90lb. But I am using a stock gasket...:D
I mean it's only 10psi right:shrug:

I have the compression leak tester and fluid on it's way, should be here Wednesday.
I find that odd that you would buy a tool....After all,......As much DIY ingenuity that went into the engine, I woulda thought that you'd make a leak down tester.
It works for me.

Not a leak down tester I have made one of those. The one I got cost less than the raw materials to build one. All it does is use vacuum to draw the gasses from the radiator through a tube filled with a blue liquid that turns green when exposed to combustion gasses.....

Could I have built one, yes

I have my hands full with election judge duties right now, I see why people never want to do it a second time.

Hey guys have a little problem here basically after the car sitting for a long time and then me driving it without checking any of the fluids I stumbled upon my radiator half empty today. Now I tested it filled it back up got the car hot and water poured out from under the radiator cap, I'm tired of messing with it I'm probably just going to replace the radiator to be done with that. My major concern is I had the car running with the radiator cap off and I noticed every once in awhile I get some bubbles coming up I'm worried I may have damaged head gasket the car runs perfectly fine and it never overheats never actually gets above 205 that's where the fans come on. I made a video of the car running with the radiator cap off so you can see the bubbles if any you guys are regular mechanics or can tag some of the guys on the site that you know that are I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

View: https://youtu.be/VTnjwT7gKsI

Sorry late to the party.

Just throw some egg whites and 3 cups raw long white rice into the radiator.

Run the motor for 20 minutes.

This will serve a family of four.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the tester in a few days early, a decent seller on eBay go figure. I got the car up to temp and tested away got mixed results, called Scott tested again then :doh: I was doin it wrong. There is nothing wrongs far as I can tell from a radiator leakdown test and then this combustion leak detection test. I'm paranoid and it shows.

The radiator will come out get thrown away and a new nicer better fitting one will go in. Since I am pulling the radiator out I decided to go ahead and fix the exhaust leaks at the headers. I hate this part as it requires removal of the blower....
20170521_162646.jpg
what a huge pain in the ass that is, requires loosening the power steering pump bracket bolts, and removing the experiment that is the bracket assembly.
When complete it looks like this.
20170521_165507.jpg
damn that's some homemade look in :poo: there huh? Wish I had a garage full of tools, ne,t time I do something this involved I want the right tools and equipment.

With the blower out I started the car to listen for exhaust leaks, the blower is overspun so much it makes a whirring noise all the time. There it was an as day, tick tick tick tick both sides. Then I here something different, clack clack clack.. dafuq? I place my ear to the valve cover with a screwdriver, yup same side as last time. Maybe another broken rocker ARM?..... I had to leave the car before I could find out, had to do husband stuff.
Valve covers come off tomorrow. While I have all of that apart and the plugs are easy to get at, I'm going to do another compression test.

Car is crazy quite with the blower off.... I contemplated using the 90mm tb and a cai and being done with it. Wish I had the monies for a real blower.

Reactions: 1 users
Why cant you figure out a way to top mount that thing? You have a capable EDIS ignition solution so that you can eliminate the distributor.....It seems like you'd be able to have that manifold milled down and a plate welded/bonded on as a mount for the blower..
* edit...Wait, It's not like a typical roots blower is it? It doesn't have a discharge on the bottom like a typical GMC blower, so you cannot cover up the intake manifold with that thing....Hmmmmmm...

I know I have spoken against it, but maybe a GT 45 turbo? You'd be able to get rid of all of the weight of that thing, and pretty much use everything else to get the job done all while being able to see the driver side spark plugs again.

I considered a turbo Mike I really did. The whole reason I did it this way from the beginning was because of the gt40 intake I was using and for the intercooling. But the seriesed throttle bodies are a huge pain in the ass.
It could be done but I want to drive it not redesign it.

I would need a gm style blower to mount it up top and be able to work on it. Unless I got real creative with it. I could turn it on it's side up by the valve cover and try it that way but may get the same result.