Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

For the life of me I can't understand why there isn't a kit for this. A few intrepid individuals have pulled it off and made impressive numbers. I feel this should be a thing. I would buy it in a heartbeat. My feeble fab skills put this well out of the range of possibility for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Well if it was a kit...... then it would no longer be unique..... then I would hate it.

I am now worried I may have gone to far..... stock rebuilt bottom end, nothing is forged. Blower capable of xx psi and my never enough complex....

I may need to buy an underdrive pulley for the blower.... or put a check valve in the bypass line so it stays open. :confused:

In other news today I flipped the valve covers so the vents are at the front of the engine. And realized the bracket @karthief so kindly dropped off to me today for the fuel lines...... will need to be modified, I used arp bolts there is no stud for it to attach to.:rolleyes:

I also checked the fuel lines for leaks, I didn't have the injector harness hooked up s I had no way to purge the air, car has been sitting for a while and I drained the lines when I took the rail off. A lot of time went by before the system built up pressure not worried about it yet.

I think next up will be the coil bracket that will dictate where other stuff goes.

Also what aree your thoughts on my throttle body situation... I had a crazy thought of making a manifold to bolt up on my elbow that will accept 2 explorer 65mm TB.... then 2 pipes and 2 filters..... hmmm now that I typed it out it sounds dumber than it looks in my head.:scratch:

I know a guy that does prototype modeling and aluminum CNC fabrication. I don't know all the technical terms....my edumacation only goes so fa. If there was an affordable manifold to put a blower on a fox I'd buy it. That was the plan at one point. I even had a blower from a Lightening. The one guy that did it had a huge following and a lot of orders....until he disappeared with a bunch of folks moolah. There were people all over the place looking for his kits.

His kit was pretty simple, basically, just a bunch of flat steel welded up to make a box for the blower to bolt on to and an extended blower snout with a support bearing and bracket.

You could even sell them with your own version of MSPNP and offer tuning, too.

Then you'd loose all your joy in fabricating " mad max style ".....and slip off the cliff of uncertainty, erasing your self from internet fame. The depression would give you a gambling habit....and maybe a few other habits....until you slip into the darkness never to emerge ( like that other loser ).

Then again...that would never be the Steve I know. Keep building baddassery and rock the ##$k out wit' your blowah out !!!!

Forgive me---- I've been drankin'

Reactions: 4 users
It's cool. Me to!

It's different but I like it.

Actually the manifold I used is available, just has no injector bungs.... However a log with 4 120lb injectors behind the throttle body before the blower would have a chemical cooling effect..... and would work just as well. It can be done sir.

Attachments

• 15065575350251534717717.jpg
    15065575350251534717717.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 15065575521021390546826.jpg
    15065575521021390546826.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 76
It's cool. Me to!

It's different but I like it.

Actually the manifold I used is available, just has no injector bungs.... However a log with 4 120lb injectors behind the throttle body before the blower would have a chemical cooling effect..... and would work just as well. It can be done sir.

But will it hit 140 mph? Lol :p

This set up look wayyyy cleaner than the one 90sickfox was speaking of.

I concur with the above, it looks like its suppose to be there. Well done!

Well if it was a kit...... then it would no longer be unique..... then I would hate it.

I am now worried I may have gone to far..... stock rebuilt bottom end, nothing is forged. Blower capable of xx psi and my never enough complex....

I may need to buy an underdrive pulley for the blower.... or put a check valve in the bypass line so it stays open. :confused:

In other news today I flipped the valve covers so the vents are at the front of the engine. And realized the bracket @karthief so kindly dropped off to me today for the fuel lines...... will need to be modified, I used arp bolts there is no stud for it to attach to.:rolleyes:

I also checked the fuel lines for leaks, I didn't have the injector harness hooked up s I had no way to purge the air, car has been sitting for a while and I drained the lines when I took the rail off. A lot of time went by before the system built up pressure not worried about it yet.

I think next up will be the coil bracket that will dictate where other stuff goes.

Also what aree your thoughts on my throttle body situation... I had a crazy thought of making a manifold to bolt up on my elbow that will accept 2 explorer 65mm TB.... then 2 pipes and 2 filters..... hmmm now that I typed it out it sounds dumber than it looks in my head.:scratch:
I have an new, unused head bolt with the stud on top in my box of junk, er, parts. I bet I can even find the nut that belongs there.

I dont think you are going to have to worry about that. You have effectivly closed off half of the available entry to the supercharger inlet with your design. I doubt it will make the kind of boost you think it will. It will run strong, but you are leaving a LOT of hp on the table, and with a stock bottom end that may be a good thing.

I dont think you are going to have to worry about that. You have effectivly closed off half of the available entry to the supercharger inlet with your design. I doubt it will make the kind of boost you think it will. It will run strong, but you are leaving a LOT of hp on the table, and with a stock bottom end that may be a good thing.
Elaborate please. Besides the TB the crosssectional area of the inlet us much larger than that of the blower. In fact when I took the factory inlet off it was only provisioned for a 75mm TB.
Just trying to understand what it is you mean exactly so if I need to I can fixorate it.