Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

I think it needs the button to be 100% perfect
276FFB14-7704-4B4B-9607-8C81FC94217A.gif

LOL this scene never made sense to me. Is there a clutch down at the crank pulley that engages when he pulls that knob? What's the point?

Eh who cares, Mad Max movies and cars are cool as :poo:.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Also what aree your thoughts on my throttle body situation... I had a crazy thought of making a manifold to bolt up on my elbow that will accept 2 explorer 65mm TB.... then 2 pipes and 2 filters..... hmmm now that I typed it out it sounds dumber than it looks in my head.:scratch:

You could do a silicone 90° elbow from the TB up to a horizontal plate that extends rearward that kind of mimmicks a carb-style air filter drop base, but you'd bias it rearward so the air filter is centered fore/aft over the engine. Like this:

air_cleaner.jpg

Then put a huge oval air filter on top of that.

Elaborate please. Besides the TB the crosssectional area of the inlet us much larger than that of the blower. In fact when I took the factory inlet off it was only provisioned for a 75mm TB.
Just trying to understand what it is you mean exactly so if I need to I can fixorate it.
***Had to go back and find this attachment below, turns out that the Eaton inlet opens up to only half of the rotors, unlike what I thought.****

Got the bypass mounted today.
20170717_205540.jpg
here you can see I used a holesaw to make a 1" hole in the plate. I then drilled and tapped 10-32 bolts to finish the job. The bypass valve had to be modified slightly so it mounted flush.

I assumed that the inlet into the blower was fully open like below.

fab%20work%20010_zpsby13y0rd.jpg

As you can imagine, if this were choked off halfway, the available air flow would be severely limited.
It will be interesting to see how much boost this can actually make because it could be capable of so much more. I guess that is why the Kenne Bell blower is such a massive upgrade on the 03-04 Cobra's.

I assumed that the inlet into the blower was fully open like below.

fab%20work%20010_zpsby13y0rd.jpg

As you can imagine, if this were choked off halfway, the available air flow would be severely limited.
It will be interesting to see how much boost this can actually make because it could be capable of so much more. I guess that is why the Kenne Bell blower is such a massive upgrade on the 03-04 Cobra's.
I believe that an Eaton would make no boost in that configuration.... I think the whipple style blowers create boost in the rotors... or something to that extent. You can over port an eaton and make no boost.

The idea is to figure out a way to make it work with AC.... I will most likely be adding a static idler just below the snout if possible. Or wrap the belt from the SC down to the water pump, only issue there is it reduces wrap on the crank pulley. Not a huge issue for now, first I need to make it run.

Look past all of the fancy-shmancy in this next pic and see just the mechanics. A setup like this with your blower pulley out (closer to the radiator ala Vortech style) gives you every option there is:

upload_2017-9-28_13-11-6.png

Hell... You would even have a nice flat plane to mount EDIS crap (or other crap) if you so desired.

I would think a nice piece of rigid (SN metallurgists chime in here) grade aluminum plate would do nicely. :chin

I think it needs the button to be 100% perfect
276FFB14-7704-4B4B-9607-8C81FC94217A.gif

+1 interwebz I love that clip! :lol:

stealing it :ninja:

LOL this scene never made sense to me. Is there a clutch down at the crank pulley that engages when he pulls that knob? What's the point?

You're argument is invalid because interwebz.

Eh who cares, Mad Max movies and cars are cool as :poo:.

That's the spirit! :D

Ok gents I need coil mount ideas! I was thinking of mounting them facing down suspended from the bolts that serve to mount the elbow.... I saw one suggestion from another forum to mount them down low off the oil pan.... Not sure I like the idea of them being so low.

Ok gents I need coil mount ideas! I was thinking of mounting them facing down suspended from the bolts that serve to mount the elbow.... I saw one suggestion from another forum to mount them down low off the oil pan.... Not sure I like the idea of them being so low.
Mine is on the passenger side frame rail a couple of inches forward of the sway bar mount.

Offloaded some parts to a member local to me karthief will make good use of them. While he was here he gave me 2 bitchin ideas to keep in line with my Frankenstein complex. One was for the coil placement the other is a surprise:D

Reactions: 1 users
MWaahhahaahaha!

20170930_205854.jpg
20170930_204830.jpg
this works well, allows for easy plug wire routing and makes it look like there are wires coming out of his head.

I am dreading the rewiring phase of this project.... gonna take a while... and I need to scuff,clean clean clean, and rattle can some semigloss black into the engine bay. @Davedacarpainter What is advisable to use in a can?

MWaahhahaahaha!

20170930_205854.jpg
20170930_204830.jpg
this works well, allows for easy plug wire routing and makes it look like there are wires coming out of his head.

I am dreading the rewiring phase of this project.... gonna take a while... and I need to scuff,clean clean clean, and rattle can some semigloss black into the engine bay. @Davedacarpainter What is advisable to use in a can?
Sht I don't know Steve. A beer?

Honestly, I don't know what to recommend for a rattle can paint, sorry Steve. Just be sure to sand the panels completely. Remember, if you paint over a shiny surface, that's where you've chosen for your paint to peel.

MWaahhahaahaha!

20170930_205854.jpg
20170930_204830.jpg

mustangbuild358_zpsjtfyuwcm.jpg

Engine enamel.
The red and black is all rattle cans here Steve,...it dries hard, is resistant to heat and solvents, and after a while can even be rubbed a little to make it shiny.:banana:

Granted,you gotta lot of work in front of you if you wanna go all shiny like I did, it'd help buttloads if you'd polish, or paint those valve covers, they just look.......terrible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
mustangbuild358_zpsjtfyuwcm.jpg

Engine enamel.
The red and black is all rattle cans here Steve,...it dries hard, is resistant to heat and solvents, and after a while can even be rubbed a little to make it shiny.:banana:

Granted,you gotta lot of work in front of you if you wanna go all shiny like I did, it'd help buttloads if you'd polish, or paint those valve covers, they just look.......terrible.
Lol I plan on cleaning everything up before it's final this time around. Once I have it mockedup and know it will all fit then I will remove as much as I can and clean then paint the engine bay. There will be some Frankenesque pieces of aluminum riveted over holes and whatnot cuz I like that kind of :poo:..... polishing the covers right now makes little sense as I'm working around them constantly.
In other news I may be making an adapter to replace the elbow my throttle is bolted to now. Things don't fit well with that piece it's to tall and I want to turn the manifold and place the throttle over the valve cover for more space. This will make the stock throttle linkage work as well, as it stands now it will not work.