Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Lol I did say junk yard. I need to go thru my connections again just to double check everything.

This thing is going to make stupid boost. When the bypass closes on a idle surge I see a 16psi spike for an instant. :eek:

I already lost a belt.... apparently when I put the stress load of the belt tension on the system the ac compressor mount flexes enough to really throw the belt alignment off when I unload the tensioner it moves back into place.... what a terrible delete pulley design. I am going to go drink coffee I feel accomplished enough today. New spark plugs and a radiator and I can safely troubleshoot the ignition system.:banana:

Reactions: 1 users
IT'S ALIVE!!

The monstrosity has officially breathed life. On the first turn of the key. It sounds like I may have 2 dead cylinders so I'm going to need to check my coil wire routing and stuff....:scratch: damn coil packs....

I may have a bad coil... would not surprise me they are out of a junk yard.:D
Be advised,..what was listed as coil pack firing order for my EDIS6 on DIY's web site was opposite of correct.
Edit,..not so much the F/O, but the coil pack tower alpha designation was backwards ( ABC was something like CAB)

Reactions: 1 user
Be advised,..what was listed as coil pack firing order for my EDIS6 on DIY's web site was opposite of correct.
Edit,..not so much the F/O, but the coil pack tower alpha designation was backwards ( ABC was something like CAB)
Well Mike thanks to JR help I was able to get the radiator in and secured. Then I set the idle to 1400 and let it run while I checked sensor inputs and he took a timing reading...

Tiiming is stuck at 10* this means I am not getting the saw signal to the edis module... I will need to take resistance readings to be sure I have the same wire on both ends of the harness....

Or the module is bad.

I was so thrilled when he asked me to hold the timming light, got a break from picking up old electrical tape and paper wads in his yard, I just wished he told me NOT to point the light at my face to see if it was working :doh: made for a ruff drive home!

Reactions: 2 users
20171107_092006-jpg.593518.jpg
I did, looks more aggressive in person, still frankenstang-ish but menacing. Almost seductively scary. It really should be sticking out of the hood, but steve likes to be sneeky.
Let's call a spade a spade...I think his engine looks like a movie star...
latest?cb=20151002192237.png

Freakishly similar.......Waaaaalll-E.

Reactions: 5 users