Error Code P0153 And Rpm Issue

Hey guys, I did a search and I found other folks with this error code, but not these results... anyhow, I have an 07 GT, Mods in the signiature. The main issue I'm having seems to be when the car has been running awhile, sometimes I'll push in the clutch to downshift, and the RPM's will plummet all the way down to around 200 or so. A couple of times, the car has just completely died. It doesn't do it all the time, and when I try to repeat the problem, it doesn't do it. I thought it might just be a loose hose or something, but I can't find any issues there. Then today when I went around a corner, the RPM's went way down, the car stayed running, but then the CEL came on, throwing the P0153 error code.

I'm thinking it could be a vac leak, an exhaust leak, faulty sensors or an issue with the tune. Problem is I don't have the time/tools/know how to go through all of those thoroughly. I was planning on spending 600 bucks on 2 new tires tomorrow, but now I'm not sure that's wise. Any idea's or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That code specifically indicates a concern with the passenger side upstream oxygen sensor response being slow. There are a lot of reasons this code can set. Add into the fact your car has been modified and it can become more challenging to correctly diagnose the first time.

If you "don't have the time/tools/know how" to diagnose the car properly I would strongly recommend taking it to someone that does, especially if money is an issue.

You may get differing opinions or suggestions to try this or try that, but why would you want to risk wasting money on it by guessing? In the end that is all you are really going to be doing regardless of anything you may read on this thread or other related threads if you don't have a thorough understanding of how things operate on your car yourself.