Electrical Ever get a code 3????

Mrg2783

5 Year Member
Apr 1, 2018
Newport Beach
Car runs great now,

KOER test gave me 48R, 24R, 3R, 14R

What the heck is a code 3?? Not in my code book anywhere.

14R is the pip, right? It runs great, new distributor.

48R vane air flow out of range, no idea 9n this one.

24R, IAC out of range... brand new IAC. Third one, why is itstill there? Could it have to do with the Pro M 80 and 60lb injectors?

As a side note the computer drops when it was doing the cylinder balance test. I already sent this computer out to be repaired but I'm wondering if they didn't fix it. Or could it be a bad reader? It seems like when I plug the reader into a 3ft extender that I don't have any issues with it dropping.

I'm going to give it another shot with the reader but I'll tell you last time I tested it it gave me a 44 and a 94 like I was having issues with my smog pump and now those are gone.

Is there an easy way to test the ECU? Or even the reader?

• Sponsors (?)

Something is off. Vane Air meters were on the 2.3T Mustangs and are similar to the MAF except they use a spring-loaded flap to measure airflow. You shouldn't be getting a code 48 here at all.

Try erasing all codes, and then doing it again

Reactions: 1 user
Something is off. Vane Air meters were on the 2.3T Mustangs and are similar to the MAF except they use a spring-loaded flap to measure airflow. You shouldn't be getting a code 48 here at all.

Try erasing all codes, and then doing it again

Glad I'm not crazy. I will try again. This thing has done some weird stuff. Like chasing ghosts I swear. I might just buy a better reader. Anything you might recommend?