ever see warped intake manifold??? stock one???

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
This weekend I worked real hard at installing my fresh engine...

Stock 302
F303 cam
C9TE heads (1.94/1.6) stainless valves, port job
Roller rockers

I start her up but the engine was only running on 7 cylinders, I figured I didn't adjust my rockers properly and the valve stays open, so I remove the spark plugs and find the bad cylinder, I fix that - engine runs GREAT. I put the rad in and coolant... Go for a little drive, everything super.

NExt day I go to a restaurant (full of people parked there and ricers too). Then I see a lot of green as if I ran over an alien or something. ****!!! Coolant was leaking from the rear of intake. I couldn't even start the engine, she would fire but stall and almost like the timing chain skipped a notch (back fire). I had the car towed to my parents :bang: :bang:

I thought, the only reason why the coolant would leak is as if the heads or intake is warped. Well I removed the intake (15 minutes, new record for me). Put a straight edge on it with a light and I can basically fit a finger nail between the straight edge and some parts of the intake. The heads are fine...

I wonder if this is a rare thing?

• Sponsors (?)

Your warpage is probably the reason why there is an odd torque pattern and multiple passes for the lower intake manifold. Ford had to do it that way to prevent the lower intakes from warping.

yeah I torqued them down as per instructions, I know my old engine overheated many times. I bought a NEW polished Chibra (Cobra, made in China) Ford Racing intake for it. :D Now I want the BEST dang intake gaskets I can get, any suggestions?

thanks guys! Thanks for the offer, BaLListic_Evo... I'm going with a new one.