Everytime I watch Pinks All-Out

• Sponsors (?)

I always preferred Pinks when they actually raced for pinks. I loved watching guys argue. Now I like passtime almost got on the show when they were at MIR last fall as a contestant. But wasnt picked but I was invited to run my car but it wasnt ready yet so I missed out.

There is too much production behind it now. Before it was only a hand full of dudes on the show and 2 cameras. Now you got a whole production staff, all kinds of stuff. I liked the first season or two of PINKS not this all out crap.

When I was in Gainesville they had a 12 second fox vs. a 10 second Sn95. The 12 second car won. Overall, it was boring as hell to see in person (until the SN95 was loaded up). I'll stick with pass time.

I always preferred Pinks when they actually raced for pinks. I loved watching guys argue.

Funny, that's what I DON'T like about the show. Talking sucks, let's see some racing and some frantic, last-minute wrenching action. Watching two groups of hillbillies argue about using nitrous, then FINALLY lining up to race with a 4-car length handicap is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. I say run what you brung, handicaps are for pussies.

I can see where that would ruin the show though. By "my" rules, one team would always annihilate the other, and the show would be over in ten minutes, haha.

I think they should lay out specific specs that the cars have to abide by, do a full tech inspection to weed out the cheaters, then line them up and let them run without any handicaps. Maybe control engine displacement, minimum vehicle weight, tire specs, power adder, and fuel type. No arguing, no making deals. That way the cars would be very similar and it would come down to driver skill and car-building ability.

When I was in Gainesville they had a 12 second fox vs. a 10 second Sn95. The 12 second car won. Overall, it was boring as hell to see in person (until the SN95 was loaded up). I'll stick with pass time.

+1

Funny, that's what I DON'T like about the show. Talking sucks, let's see some racing and some frantic, last-minute wrenching action. Watching two groups of hillbillies argue about using nitrous, then FINALLY lining up to race with a 4-car length handicap is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME. I say run what you brung, handicaps are for pussies.

I can see where that would ruin the show though. By "my" rules, one team would always annihilate the other, and the show would be over in ten minutes, haha.

I think they should lay out specific specs that the cars have to abide by, do a full tech inspection to weed out the cheaters, then line them up and let them run without any handicaps. Maybe control engine displacement, minimum vehicle weight, tire specs, power adder, and fuel type. No arguing, no making deals. That way the cars would be very similar and it would come down to driver skill and car-building ability.

+1

You whats LAAAAAMMMMMEEEE? Drag racing.

:hide:

+1

Thats the whole thing with street racing though, there is no such thing as "cheating" its who plays the game better that comes home with the win, not necessarily the fastest car, but the fast talker.

I liked the original show but Rich isnt a racer so he just thought it was this magical fairy land when people raced for titles that they ACTUALLY TOLD THE TRUTH, no! thats not how it goes, people downplay thier cars to hustle people, its a simple concept.

When they tried to make the show "fair" is when they ruined it in my opinion, and pinks ALL OUT is 100% unwatchable for me now, so much crap on it that it ruins whatever drag racing i see. PASS TIME is where its at

Thats the whole thing with street racing though, there is no such thing as "cheating" its who plays the game better that comes home with the win, not necessarily the fastest car, but the fast talker.

True, doesn't mean I want to watch a car show about it though, haha. Especially with some of those dumb-ass rednecks.

I liked the original show but Rich isnt a racer so he just thought it was this magical fairy land when people raced for titles that they ACTUALLY TOLD THE TRUTH, no! thats not how it goes, people downplay thier cars to hustle people, its a simple concept.

He's not even a car guy. I remember reading an article about PINKS before it hit TV and they were talking about how he comes from purely a business/media background.

Time Pass is cool too. Dumb question: Why does that one dude always get to play? :lol:

Pass time :nice:

Ken plays every time because he is the "Resident player" and if he wins, the show keeps the money, plus they have to have at least one moron on there whos seen a drag car before

I love how there is always a timing tree right there, but he prefers to do the arm drop. At least have a nice looking woman do that.

Also I watched all out recently, and they disqualified cars for going too fast. Ummm, isn't "all out", going as fast as you can?

plus they have to have at least one moron on there whos seen a drag car before

+1 jizzillion. Where do they find some of these idiots?

"Your LSx makes about 450 rwhp and you have a 200 shot of N2O? I'm going to say mid 12s." LAWLZ

Also I watched all out recently, and they disqualified cars for going too fast. Ummm, isn't "all out", going as fast as you can?

Have you ever watched bracket racing? Same concept. If your car goes faster than you say it can, you're out.