Excessive Heat

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
Does anyone else have issues with the amount of heat these engines give off?
I can literally feel the heat from the engine on my legs through the front firewall. It's like I've got the floor heat running all the time. Is there a way to reduce the heat? Is it a header issue? I have a set of Hedman headers on it now. I'm looking to replace the carpet so I was thinking of putting down some sort of Dynmat type stuff to try and quiet it down and hopefully block out some of the heat. Not sure if it will work very well versus the cost to do it. Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Have you got aluminum heads? I've found they'll really radiate the heat when compared to the stock iron castings.

My car is black on black....so it's a hot box all the time. Gotta get that A/C fixed!!! :bang:

Have you got aluminum heads? I've found they'll really radiate the heat when compared to the stock iron castings.

My car is black on black....so it's a hot box all the time. Gotta get that A/C fixed!!! :bang:

Just have the stock heads on it right now. The car is pretty much bone stock (engine) with the exception of the headers, 3G alternator, electric fan kit, and a could air induction kit.

I have ceramic shorties and the hot air is blasting my toes all the time. I gotta pull the dash to replace the heater core and A/C evaporator so Im thinking about laying down extra dynomat on the firewall and over the trans tunnel.