Roush Exhaust manifold gaskets? Need help

Probablecause

Jun 15, 2004
georgia
hello all - new member to the site here, thought i would ask a couple of questions. my car is an 01' S281SC with only 18K miles on it. i'm currently on my second exhaust manifold gasket on the right header and i can hear it wasting away once again as the sound of a small exhaust leak gets bigger and bigger. from what i've been told, the blower/motor is putting out so much heat it shreds the gasket over time. is there some sort of heavy duty gasket i can purchase to fix this and save me from replacing it every so many thousand miles? the last time this happened the Ford parts man knew what i needed before i got done saying it, making me believe it's a 4.6L problem? i know the piece is only 10 bucks plus labor but i shouldn't have to go through the hassle. my brother owns a N/A Rousch Stage 2 and to my knowledge they said his was only a matter of time before it's gasket went as well.

my second question is what am i looking at for a quality brake upgrade? i bought my car over a year ago used and babied with 6K miles on it. i have the original sticker from the dealer and i see nothing mentioning brakes on there. so i'm thinking i have the original GT brakes? i know Saleen has a 13" brake upgrade as an option. anyways, i've had the car up in the triple digits here lately a couple of times and i was not impressed with the braking when i needed to slow for traffic. any ideas on what works and what dosen't? money isn't a problem for the most part so i'd like brand name and reliability. thanks -

p.s. i have nothing but good things to say for Joe and the guys at Chicane for you peeps reading about them on other threads.

• Sponsors (?)