Exhaust Midpipe Opinion Needed.

Choose your destiny!!!

• SLP Modular Catted X-pipe

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Mac performance prochamber fitted to stock cats.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
Houston TX
Alright I'm interested in buying a midpipe for my car. So far I got the Steeda axlebacks (stinger design) which sound awesome deep and aggressive, but they do drone a little around freeway speed. I love the tone but I could do without the drone if at all possible. Also the loudness is just right because anything louder then that to quote Radman is just "high school" :rlaugh: and I'm not looking to announce the whole Houston Metro area that I'm in the house.

My thoughts are an SLP modular X-pipe with high flow cats. Reason being you get better breathing from the X and the high flow cats and you can upgrade to longtubes later without buying a new midpipe system which is a pretty cool feature. The cons of this system is the X-pipe setup which will definitely kill the tone of the car and the price. Who knows maybe I'll get used to the more mellow exotic tone?

The other alternative is to buy a prochamber and tack it on to the stock cats and will have a shop later fit them to the longtubes. This would definitely keep the aggressive deep tone and is a realtively cheap approach to an exhaust upgrade. The cons are obviousy the hackjob factor for starters but they may be excessively loud on the drone side and dBs. Also the stock cats would probably choke the flow somewhat and limit any performance increase from the prochambers.

Any thoughts? Also videos of similar setups would be greatly appreciated!

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)