exhaust turndowns?

I will never own another mustang with turn downs in front of the axle. I have tailpipes on my mustang and still smell like exhaust. Im actually putting cats back on my car to try and clean it up. It really makes no sense to run without cats. The new design cats dont cut power. It was proven by Muscle Mustang Fast Ford on a supercharged cobra. All we do is dump lots of unburned fuel out the tailpipes without cats. This makes your girlfriend not want to ride with you in your mustang. No matter how much money you got in it or how cool it looks. They dont care about that. They dont want their hair smelling like fumes. I love Women much more than 5 hp in a mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Damn, what girls are you guys dating that don't care about the exhaust smell? At first, they probably think it's unique, but every girl I've ever dated (and now, my wife) have complained about the fumes at one point or another.

I REALLY want to go to QUIETER mufflers eventually and run electric cut-outs. I live in a "nice" part of the city, and my "loud" car can attract a lot of negative attention pretty easily. I'd like to have a stealth mode. Just once I'd like to sneak off into an alley and do a smoky burnout without every cop in a two mile radius hearing me do it!

Then, from time to time, uncork the exhaust and rattle the fillings out of biker Ken's teeth when he's sitting next to me at a stop light in his cookie-cutter Yama-Hardley.

If a chick dosent like the smell tell her to kick rocks and go find johnny twinkletoes and go for a beat ride in his prius.
Exactly, my woman loves the smell of a non catted car.
ive never had a problem with women riding in the stang. like 25th said, dont smell like fumes unless the car has been ran hard.
I run my car hard and it NEVER smells like fuel fumes. And there are no cats.
I wreak of fumes everytime I drive my car. Don't really care though. no girl has ever refused to ride in my car because of it, my girlfriend rides in it with me all the time.
Yep, she only refuses to ride in it for the same reasons i do. Its uncomfortable lol
Damn, what girls are you guys dating that don't care about the exhaust smell? At first, they probably think it's unique, but every girl I've ever dated (and now, my wife) have complained about the fumes at one point or another.

I REALLY want to go to QUIETER mufflers eventually and run electric cut-outs. I live in a "nice" part of the city, and my "loud" car can attract a lot of negative attention pretty easily. I'd like to have a stealth mode. Just once I'd like to sneak off into an alley and do a smoky burnout without every cop in a two mile radius hearing me do it!

Then, from time to time, uncork the exhaust and rattle the fillings out of biker Ken's teeth when he's sitting next to me at a stop light in his cookie-cutter Yama-Hardley.

Yeah well you gotta meet your women at the right places. I met my woman drag racing her mustang at the local strip. ;) Thing that sucks is arguing who gets cam(s) turbos or nitrous first lol.

First off, lx's without tailpipes, look terrible. Part of the draw of an lx is the beautiful exhaust, no car has ever had exhaust that looked so good.

Second, No turn downs will certainly leave the underside of your car covered in soot, not exactly fun to work on.

First off, lx's without tailpipes, look terrible. Part of the draw of an lx is the beautiful exhaust, no car has ever had exhaust that looked so good.

Second, No turn downs will certainly leave the underside of your car covered in soot, not exactly fun to work on.

I agree, but I sold my tailpipes some time back. I drive the car (I actually didn't this year) so little, it probably didn't matter. I have also never noticed any soot buildup on the rear end and I have been in there more than once with dumps on the car.

I have to agree lx's look best with tailpipes. Even with tailpipes i still smell like fumes, i dont really notice it but my manager at work always comments on it (blaaahhh). The old lady on the other hand loves when i smell like grease, oil, fuel, what ever and i can barely keep her out of the stang lol. (I met her in auto shop in high school) lol!

I agree, but I sold my tailpipes some time back. I drive the car (I actually didn't this year) so little, it probably didn't matter. I have also never noticed any soot buildup on the rear end and I have been in there more than once with dumps on the car.

I was under the impression that the OP was considering not even using dumps, just leaving the pipes straight out of the muffler.
Even lx's with good tailipipes still get soot on the back bumper, most guys guys just clean their cars too often to ever see it.