• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Expectations?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sir Hacksalot
  • Start date Start date Feb 14, 2004
S

Sir Hacksalot

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2001
363
0
0
Ankeny, IA
Feb 14, 2004
#1
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #1
Hey guys, have access to the following items:

Used X303 Camshaft
Used GT40 Iron heads
Used Edelbrock Performer intake

All items are in very good condition. The GT40's have mild port and bowel work, and come with Crane 1.6:1 Roller Rockers and .600 lift valve springs.

I plan on adding, a 65MM throttle body, a 75 MM MAF meter, a 255 LPH fuel pump, an adjustable AFPR, 1 5/8" long tubes, OR H Pipe, a new timing chain, new lifters, new gaskets, Electric Fan, underdrive pulleys, and cold air intake.
I am planning on putting this on a stone stock, solid running 1993 5.0 that has 105K miles on it.

I have a couple of questions:

Am I building a ticking time bomb?
Is 250-260 RWHP an unrealistic expectation?
I know the Edelbrock Performer intake is a good item, but is from idle to 5000 RPMS...will this be a restriction to the heads/cam I am using?
Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks in advance,
Sir Hacksalot
 
B

blk92stangg

New Member
Jan 30, 2004
583
0
0
Hawaii
Feb 14, 2004
#2
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #2
105k is not that much for a mustang...as far as it being a time bomb, I think it depends on your perception of time...I would figure a stock engine would start running out of steam maybe at 160k miles. If you rev the snot out of it with your bolt ons, maybe you would halve the life expectancy of the engine? If you subscribe to the above, you would need a bottom end rebuild in 30k miles or so. Depending on your yearly mileage, it could last for months or years. Of course my friend's engine is up to 180k with mild mods and seems will last for another 100k lol. I would just go for it, and start saving up for a rainy day. : )
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Intake
  • James S
  • Jul 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
269
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 12, 2026
James S
J
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
A
Discussion on mild budget build/ top end
  • Acesario
  • Feb 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
904
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 23, 2026
General karthief
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
S
Engine Stalls when downshifting/coasting
  • Scott_S
  • Nov 5, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
829
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 6, 2025
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?