Explorer install update and pics...

i replaced the lifter with new FMS stock one, i got some longer PRs and i'm running the Scorpion 1.6s now....i bought some 6.300 prs and shimmed em some to get it...6.290 is kinda like the optimum number...

Dan...actually its running damn good....EEC is a non issue, no probs at all...i redid the lifters last week again and found one loose vac line, and i replaced em all...anyway my gas milage has beem twice what it was 2 weeks ago...noticed that right away...it pulls alot harder for sure and blows the tires away bigtime in 2nd...i love that stuff....it added something no doubt...
went to see another dyno today, as guy i go to is down til April....this one is different from the one i go to, so the numbers won't be the same...the guy even told me it would be lower...that blows....got an appt for Tuesday, but i may just blow 75.00 for nothing??? still debating on going....really wanna see the what it was worth...

• Sponsors (?)

Tom...Haven't tried that combo yet....ill have to do it up, see how it looks.....this is just good ole Rustoleum with a brush, just to get and idea...the intake is freakin huge, the Black seems to hide the size...

Roy...wanna paint my intake??? :D You do such nice work... :D I'll have it all prepped and primed, ready to paint...

I'm gonna start collecting them plauges you do....send me some pics of different ones if you want... :nice:

OutLawSE said:
Did you have to port the Mac elbow allot to make it match?

Not really..it has to be tuned for sure....but i used it on an Explorer, its for an SN95 tho...i have the grinding tools so i wasnt all that bad....the cast finish in the flowpath is WOW tho.... :nonono:

I am using one with my TEA Setup and I am wondering if I should just buy the TFS one. I didnt look into the port before I installed it. Did the Mac fit the 65mm TB alright or did u have to open up that side too?

Looks great, Andy. Glad you got a nice gain from it. As for the dyno, I'd be tempted to wait until you can go back to the same one. At least the numbers would be consistent and make for a better "before and after" comparo...right?

Jordan

Phase 2...Adding a Fox TB set-up..

Not to raise this from the dead, but more to put all the info in one post....

I finally have all my parts to put a Fox TB set-up on....Actually the unit i have is a 96 Explorer intake. The TB im using, is a 65mm from the same year Explorer...This unit and the one on the 86 Fox looked identical..

The parts needed are in the pic..I lucked out and found an 86 Fox with the entire motor intact...

Fox throttle cable....way different from the SN95 set-up...Its a ball/socket affair. How the cruise control will hook-up is beyond me...the Fox TB has no provisions for cruise hook-up... :shrug:

TPS plug...i had to take both ends...the Ex TPS plug is a different configuration than the Fox...Go figure.. :nonono:

Throttle cable bracket...this was the hardest pc for me to find..

UPR 65mm EGR delete spacer...cant get the throttle cable on without this, its what it bolts to..

Attachments

• Fox TB..swap parts.jpg
    Fox TB..swap parts.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 308
Hardware mounted up and as it will sit on the motor....

The throttle connection is what threw me off...Only having the TB and not the bracket/cable was confusing...Never owning a Fox didn't help either..Its a wacky set-up compared to the SN95...The mother operates from the bottom..

Looking for a way to connect the cruise control cable??? It doesn't look pretty for that...

Attachments

• Fox TB.jpg
    Fox TB.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 208
I wondered if i could bolt the TB directly to the Upper????
No dice there...You need the EGR delete spacer to mount the throttle cable bracket...

Now that I have the parts I'm gonna pull the car outta its Winter nap and dub around with the hook-up....Only problem i can possibly see, is my tall VCs hitting the bracket....

Attachments

• Fox..egr spacer..throttle bracket.jpg
    Fox..egr spacer..throttle bracket.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 201
Seems kinda anal posting the stuff, but it'll come in handy for anyone looking for the goodies or info....
I hunted for a month online with no luck on the bracket, wait, some dude in Georgia wanted 57.00 shipped....I paid 3 bucks for the bracket and TPS plug....

I'll get it mounted up this week....Gotta get the Winter beater ready for a inspection sticker first.... :bang: It runs out tommorrow... :banana:

Looking good so far Rio. When you see just how effective this is and if you've had any problems with idle whether they straighten out or not there will probably be some others trying this out. I had a cable bracket, but didn't realize that you were doing this swap, anyway if you need anything else, let me know i may have some stuff laying around the shed.

Jason

couple final pics to add....

4 studs for intake...1/4x18 thdx 3" long...I bought 4 carriage bolts, cut the heads off...done deal...I wanted to use nuts versus bolts....

Attachments

• Fox studs.jpg
    Fox studs.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 199