Engine f4te (f150)cam in a foxbody.

Rynb15

Nov 21, 2005
I have an 85 gt. Carbed 302. Bottom end is from a 95 f150. Top end is from original 302 in the mustang. So i assume my motor has the f4te cam in it. This is a project car and i have lots of other things to do before I tear into the motor. Besides a couple oil leaks motor seems to run good and has good compression on all cylinders. I read on another post that adding 1.7 roller rockers would bring the cam specs up close to a stock H.O. cam. Is this true? Would it be worth it? I plan on eventually getting a head, cam kit for this car. But would probably be next year. I still need wheels, tires and body work first. Or should I just leave it alone until I get the top end kit? Just want it to run good this coming summer. thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Read note #10

5BBAED59-373F-40CA-A708-03710229DBD0.gif

In general, truck cams are low lift, short duration and minimum overlap. They are designed to produce max torque at low and mid RPM power.

Performance cams generally have higher lift, longer duration and more overlap They are designed to produce max power at higher RPM. In a properly geared and tuned engine, that translates into peak power near the finish line.

The different rockers for a truck cam will change the lift, but will not make a significant change in the duration or overlap, which are important factors in a high performance engine.

Reactions: 1 users
In general, truck cams are low lift, short duration and minimum overlap. They are designed to produce max torque at low and mid RPM power.

Performance cams generally have higher lift, longer duration and more overlap They are designed to produce max power at higher RPM. In a properly geared and tuned engine, that translates into peak power near the finish line.

The different rockers for a truck cam will change the lift, but will not make a significant change in the duration or overlap, which are important factors in a high performance engine.
Gotcha . figured that would be to easy. I'll probably just leave it alone until I figure out exactly what I want to do. Thanks.