Factory EFI swap

CStan17

Feb 25, 2019
Newnan, GA
Alright, so I bought a '93 model lx factory 4 cylinder car previous owner went carb on it and when I stab the motor back in I would like to go back with factory EFI but it is going to be for a 302. Besides the obvious intake/manifold fuel rails, injectors. I know I will need a wire harness but if I get one for a factory 302 would that plugs and connectors work with the plugs and connectors in the car? or will there be alot of modifications needed?

• Sponsors (?)

I converted a 93 coupe. Do yourself a favor and just source out a used 93 main harness and plug it in. If your going from auto to manual make sure you have the correct oxygen sensor harness otherwise you should be good. Also the four cylinder fuel lines come up on the driver side which is opposite from the v8 setup so you may have to get creative there or remove them and swap in factory v8 lines depending your parts/donor car situation.

I have no parts engine bay wise, and no donor car thankfully it was already an automatic so im saving money there but finding the harness I feel is going to be tricky. Doing this on a budget and cant exactly afford to buy a donor.

They can be found easy especially on facebook market place. Just make sure the harness you purchase has the redish brown round connector for the dash hookup and two relays by the mass air connector. If it only has one relay and the round connector that is a 91 to early 92 harness and you can't use it.

So the harness you need will have the round redish connector, a mass air connector and two relays with it.