Fair Price For '98 Sohc 4.6

Today I mentioned to a coworker that I have the stock engine from my '98 GT sitting on an engine stand in my garage. He was interested in buying it for his fox body. The engine has 75k miles and a few bolt ons but has been sitting on an engine stand for over a decade.

Looking on ebay I have seen stock non PI 4.6s listed from $900 - $1200. Cash is always good but I am not looking to "make a profit" Just getting the engine out of my garage and helping a fellow car guy out is more important to me but... I am trying to save up to start a Coyote swap at the same time.

Knowing that he wants to do a PI swap and what ever else needed to complete the swap (which to be honest I don't even know) what do you guys think is a fair price?

• Sponsors (?)

I would say anywhere between 300 and 500 bucks would be fair. As long as the engine is in good working condition. If its a boat anchor when he installs it, let the guy get his money back. That's if your just looking to help a brother out.

Straight business deal, start at 600 and let him talk you down and a taillights guarantee. Once you see taillights of the vehicle taking it away, the warranty is up.