fair price?

dstanggt50

Founding Member
Sep 13, 2000
Woodinville, WA
i'm really close to buying an 03 cobra, but wanted to make sure i wasnt getting ripped off. (never owned any svt) if the car checks out mechanically, how much would it be worth

03 black 10th anniversary cpe w/8xxx miles
pulley/predator/cai/x pipe/catback

thanks

I agree with UM. I got a pretty freakish deal on mine. $21,400. Bought it from a saturn dealer in missouri. 32,000 miles. Last September. I searched for over six months and never saw one that low at a dealer. The one your looking at is an anniversary model and should command a little extra.

Yes, they go for MUCH more than book. SVT only made roughly 9000 Cobras total in 2003 -- and only 2003 (to match the year) of those were Anniversary editions. The Anniversary models are highly sought-after. UncleMeat's price estimate is about right -- possibly even on the low side depending where you live. However, that fact that it's been pullied should pull the price down a little bit. It's the low-mile, "virgin" Cobras that command the highest prices usually.

I just bought (last week) a unmolested Black Anniversary Coupe with 12,000 miles and the price was at the high end of UM's estimate.

Actually they made 13,476 in '03. 8394 coupes and 5082 'verts. In '04 they made a total of 5664 of which 3768 were coupes and 1896 'verts.

U.M.

Yep -- you're right I was looking at the coupe numbers. My bad. (and some how forgot my elementary school "rounding up/down" lessons of 30-odd years ago..... Mrs. Macomber would be so disappointed.)

Just for comparison sake, a year ago I bought an 03 vert. It was mineral grey which is the 3rd most rare color.

It has magnaflow exhaust, 2.8 pulley, predator & tune, and CAI. It had about 7000 miles on it and I paid 27K. A year ago that was a steal of a deal and right now with 12K miles it would still be a pretty fair price.