fair price?

dstanggt50

Founding Member
Sep 13, 2000
Woodinville, WA
i'm really close to buying an 03 cobra, but wanted to make sure i wasnt getting ripped off. (never owned any svt) if the car checks out mechanically, how much would it be worth

03 black 10th anniversary cpe w/8xxx miles
pulley/predator/cai/x pipe/catback

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with UM. I got a pretty freakish deal on mine. $21,400. Bought it from a saturn dealer in missouri. 32,000 miles. Last September. I searched for over six months and never saw one that low at a dealer. The one your looking at is an anniversary model and should command a little extra.

Yes, they go for MUCH more than book. SVT only made roughly 9000 Cobras total in 2003 -- and only 2003 (to match the year) of those were Anniversary editions. The Anniversary models are highly sought-after. UncleMeat's price estimate is about right -- possibly even on the low side depending where you live. However, that fact that it's been pullied should pull the price down a little bit. It's the low-mile, "virgin" Cobras that command the highest prices usually.

I just bought (last week) a unmolested Black Anniversary Coupe with 12,000 miles and the price was at the high end of UM's estimate.

Just for comparison sake, a year ago I bought an 03 vert. It was mineral grey which is the 3rd most rare color.

It has magnaflow exhaust, 2.8 pulley, predator & tune, and CAI. It had about 7000 miles on it and I paid 27K. A year ago that was a steal of a deal and right now with 12K miles it would still be a pretty fair price.