False floor installs

Dtowncats

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
340
0
0
York, PA
I am looking for some ideas for my custom install and I want to do a false floor. Can I see some pics of false floor installs you guys did? I will have 2 amps and 1 12" sub. Maybe some pics in the middle of it also? Thanks.
 
Here's what I did. Not as extensive as alan's but my teenage mind has very little patience to lay fiberglass. It works for me. these pics are outdated. I ditched the gray carpet for some nicer black stuff since these were taken.

441070_55_full.jpg


441070_106_full.jpg


441070_110_full.jpg


441070_105_full.jpg
 
RacEoHolic330 said:
Here's what I did. Not as extensive as alan's but my teenage mind has very little patience to lay fiberglass. It works for me. these pics are outdated. I ditched the gray carpet for some nicer black stuff since these were taken.

441070_55_full.jpg


441070_106_full.jpg


441070_110_full.jpg


441070_105_full.jpg
I have seen your's plenty of times. I would love to do it but I don't know if I want to give away my back seat. How does that box stay in place? I thought about doing that also so I won't have to mess with fiberglass.
 
Dtowncats said:
I am looking for some ideas for my custom install and I want to do a false floor. Can I see some pics of false floor installs you guys did? I will have 2 amps and 1 12" sub. Maybe some pics in the middle of it also? Thanks.


not sure what year your car is...but here are some pics from mine:

basedown.webp

floor_mounted.webp

final2.webp
 

Attachments

  • basedown.webp
    basedown.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 165
  • floor_mounted.webp
    floor_mounted.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 215
  • final2.webp
    final2.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 178
Dtowncats, the spare tire well will be roughly 1.5 cubic feet. Mine was about 1.25 with the placement I chose for the MDF back wall section of the tub.

Remember water is an easy test for volume and leaks at the same time. Find a liters to cubic feet calculator online and measure with a bucket. Most car wash or kitchen buckets have volume lines on the side.
 
alanw6 said:
Dtowncats, the spare tire well will be roughly 1.5 cubic feet. Mine was about 1.25 with the placement I chose for the MDF back wall section of the tub.

Remember water is an easy test for volume and leaks at the same time. Find a liters to cubic feet calculator online and measure with a bucket. Most car wash or kitchen buckets have volume lines on the side.
I think I may just try to build a box for inside the spare tire well. I am going with 2 8" Sound Splinter RL-i's. They are compared to JL 8W7s by very knowledgable audio people. Here is a link to them: http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli_se...ar_and_home_subwoofer_driver_information.html. The rms is 350 and I will be running them at 300 wrms. It will be ported of course:D
 
Dtowncats said:
I think I may just try to build a box for inside the spare tire well. I am going with 2 8" Sound Splinter RL-i's. They are compared to JL 8W7s by very knowledgable audio people. Here is a link to them: http://www.soundsplinter.com/rli_se...ar_and_home_subwoofer_driver_information.html. The rms is 350 and I will be running them at 300 wrms. It will be ported of course:D

That will probably be a really nice combo. I checked out the subs, and on paper they are similar to the W7, and will save you a chunk of change to spend on your install.

Do you have any specs for a ported enclosure? I could probaby help you find a cool way to vent the box if I had some specs.
 
alanw6 said:
Do you have any specs for a ported enclosure? I could probaby help you find a cool way to vent the box if I had some specs.
If you are on the webpage, they have enclosure recomendations on there. The ported are at the bottom. They have 3 diff. ones for ported/vented. The main problem I am going to have is that the amp I have does not have a sub-sonic filter. I was told if I tune it around 30 hz I shouldn't have a problem, but I want it to be louder.