Farewell guys...

ArkansasMystic

Feb 16, 2007
Last Monday I sold my Mystic, then replaced it Thursday with a 2003 Toyota 4runner 4x4 Limited. I hated to do it, but I had to have something more practical as a daily driver. My finances don't allow two vehicles, so I had to make the move. Anyway, I'd like to say thank you all for the info/input you have given me. I really appreciate that. Here are a few pics I took of my car the day before I sold it, then a couple of the new ride. Thanks again guys!
IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, hopefully soon enough I can get back into a Mustang. As much as I'd like to buy American, every American vehicle I've owned has had problems. I've had several Toyota's, and never had any major issues. Sorry, but I'd rather have something reliable (problem I ran into with the Mustang, tons of break downs). Also, since I bought it used, I don't see how that's supporting the overseas companies. They had made their money whether I bought it or not. Either way, in the end it's done and I'm enjoying the new ride, so that's all that matters. Thanks guys!

Yep, hopefully soon enough I can get back into a Mustang. As much as I'd like to buy American, every American vehicle I've owned has had problems. I've had several Toyota's, and never had any major issues. Sorry, but I'd rather have something reliable (problem I ran into with the Mustang, tons of break downs). Also, since I bought it used, I don't see how that's supporting the overseas companies. They had made their money whether I bought it or not. Either way, in the end it's done and I'm enjoying the new ride, so that's all that matters. Thanks guys!

I understand.....didn't realize you bought it used. I guess I've always been lucky...Been buying american since early '90's, probably about 10 new cars, (I buy a new one every couple of years) and never had a problem. Of course its always a Ford product. Don't know about GM. I did have a jeep in there for 1 year, and that was pretty nice too. Had an '04 Thunderbird which everyone says was full of problems, but I never had one. Had it for 2 years, but it was a garage queen. Put 16k on it.
Good luck with the Toyota.

All my stuff has had 100k+ miles. For the first 100k miles most of the cars will hold up fine. I just know of a ton of the Toyota's that have hit over 200k with little to no work needed. But anyway, that's why all the companies are in business, different things appeal to different people. The rear end and the tranny were both about to crap out on my Cobra (135k miles).

Sad to see the Mystic go, it was clean car... Congrats on the new ride, the Yota is nice too. Nothing wrong at all with buying a Toyota, or any import for that matter. Toyota's are great cars & last a long time. How many early 90's Camry's, Corolla's, & trucks do you still see on the road nowadays, many with well over 200k miles & still going strong?

I personally have never had any major issues, & have never been stranded by any of the 5 Mustangs I have owned, but then again, mine have all been under 100k miles besides my 91 notch.

Hope to still see ya here on Stangnet....

Thanks EPIK. Mileage has a lot to do with it, I've never had anything with under 100k miles so that's a big part of it. There were a lot of factors, biggest was size/storage. The Cobra just wasn't big enough for my stuff going to/from school. Second is that I was driving it every day, live on campus at college, and have no way of storing it and keeping it out of the weather. There's more than one fish in the sea though, something else will come around.

Sorry to see you have to sell the beautiful Cobra you had there. I'm lucky enough to be able to keep my stang as a weekender as I drive a company car for work/commute that makes me appreciate both cars more than having one vehicle. Tough position you were in with the stang being a DD and having to deal with issues when you need to get to work reliably with it. GL with the Toy truck and hope it's a good one for you. They'll likely be some resale value when it comes time to sell it to get you a nice stang when your ready for some driving fun again.

Toyota, Ford... Who the hell is American anyways?:( GM has plants mostly in Canada and scattered throughout Mexico and South America. Chrysler is headed the same route. And yes even my beloved Ford is outsourcing to the Canadians and Partners down south and bringing the cars in to sale. While KIA opens a plant in Minnesota employing 3000 odd some Americans. Hyundia in Alabama with 2700. Toyota in San Antonio with 3400. and blah blah blah. The lines are distorted. My only truth in the matter is that my Mustang is my thrill. The thump during idle and the view of my rear veiw mirror as I leave others behind, be it American or import.:rolleyes: Sorry to hear about the lost. And congrats on the new vehicle. But I like to think the thrill will bring you back. So till next time guy...

All my stuff has had 100k+ miles. For the first 100k miles most of the cars will hold up fine. I just know of a ton of the Toyota's that have hit over 200k with little to no work needed. But anyway, that's why all the companies are in business, different things appeal to different people. The rear end and the tranny were both about to crap out on my Cobra (135k miles).

Well most people forget that you are comparing apples to oranges here.

I'm unaware of any blue hair ladies taking their camry's up to the 7g redline once a day or fighting off the urge to power shift them at least once a week.

If you look up TSB's on any company you will find plenty of complaints both foreign and domestic, no one builds a perfect car.

Best wishes to you in school and your new Toyota!