Father in Law Accident

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
Short back story-My father in-law due to medical issues sold his fairlane a year or so ago and bought a Fox body-
BAFF586F-CFC5-4AD7-B571-819A5BE77E65.jpeg
6875FCFD-2059-4E04-B690-ED324BE75737.jpeg
9F059CDF-3F7B-4A34-BC23-4F5EBDECEEF6.jpeg

Really clean car, pretty good looking paint and decent interior. He spent the last year (with help) getting it running/driving well and fixing the interior , fuel system etc.
For the most part it’s been a garage queen/fair weather car.
Today he went out to start it, and tragedy struck, it immediately started ,engaged reverse- screamed out of the garage, mowed my mother in law down, and folded the passenger door backwards on the DD Honda. Mother in law is fine- Mustang not so much-
A726F97C-DF6C-49B3-A1C9-B2E561083F32.jpeg

• Surprised
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Wow. Glad everyone is alright. A lot of damage to the door pillar?
I haven’t looked to hard at it yet, he’s pretty upset right now. But it looks like the hinge and the door took most of the hit

I hope it wasn't a medical issue with him! Best of luck!

No medical issue this time, Previous owner gutted the stock shifter of the park/release button and it must of caught between park/reverse just right

Im feeling for your Father in Law, poor guy, he'll be hearing about it for years2come.
I hate it when chit happens but wow what a story. Glad no injuries.

I haven’t looked to hard at it yet, he’s pretty upset right now. But it looks like the hinge and the door took most of the hit

No medical issue this time, Previous owner gutted the stock shifter of the park/release button and it must of caught between park/reverse just right
See post #6

Ahhhhhhhhhhh :(

From the title, I was hoping for a good story about accidentally ending up with a father in law.
Instead we got a good safety advisory. A neutral safety switch mis adjustment or failure can also do this, as can the clutch starter safety switch. I took out a passenger mirror on an old pickup that did not have a clutch starter safety switch and was parked in reverse. I was testing the stereo and bumped the key too far.

Wow, glad everyone is O.K.
Why would someone gut the release button ??

Reactions: 1 user