Federal, Fulda, Nankang,,,, anyone know about these brands

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
Any of you guys know anything about these tire brands?? Do they rank up there with the Kumho's? I found them on www.tire-easy.com, excellent prices to me on them in the size I am looking at and are great looking tires, but anything can look good in a picture lol

• Sponsors (?)

Nankangs suck sack!!!!

I had those on mine, after 3 decent burn outs (20 seconds) they were gone. wires hanging out. They were terrible in the rain and made a lot of noise.

Now I have toyo proxes and they are quite an improvement.

If the federal and Fulda are anything like Nankang, dont touch them.

+1 for the crap Nankangs (Korean I think) absolute garbage at a performance standpoint. They might work fine on a civic or somthing with like 3lbs of torque.

Never heard of the other two brands <--maybe that's a problem right there

It's hard to skimp on tires and expect them to perform

I had never heard of Kumho at the time I purchased them, they have been awesome tires, so I didnt know if those brand swould be a good choice or not

I learned a LOOOOONG time ago that tires are the ultimate "you get what you pay for" item on a car. In 20+ years in the car business, I can't begin to tell you how many off-brand Asian-made tires I've seen in shreds. I wouldn't consider driving on anything but a Goodyear, BFG, Michelin or Bridgestone, in that order.

i sell these tires all day long at work.
dont get the nankangs.
a guy with an ls1 camaro runs the fuldas, loves them
the federals are a nice all season traction tire....