Engine Felpro micro sleve?

• Sponsors (?)

Installed all parts correctly,triple checked. My worst fear was it's the newly rebuilt trans,and,............ Sure as :poo: that's what it was,I pulled it this morrning.when I put it in first input shaft won't turn.all other gears no problemo. Glad my original t5 is still good its going back in till I get that other one taken care of.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow another 100 degree day, and me under the stang.it's all buttoned up.went on the freeway and got up to 80 a couple of exits then took the streets home.safari so goody. Shifts smooth, clutch operates flawless,the gutted x pipe is louder so the new cats.have to be welded on soon.

Well I stopped the r.m.s. leak And now the f,ing oil pan gasket it's running down the front of separator plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_133628_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20201003_133628_hdr.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Sad
One f,ing thing after another.Took the wife out for a ride , just crusing,shifting,down shifting,she says it feels smooth and I say it's a little louder then before.She seems to think it's the same.after about a 45 min drive we head home.three blocks from home,at a traffic light,I hear a ting,I said something fell off the car,she said it sounded like a coke bottle hitting the floor.the battery light comes on and I shut the lights and hall as home,blowing the one traffic light in my way.it pukes coolant,open the hood and the smog pump pulley is gone baby gone.we jump in her tourass and head back to the scene.She finds the pulley,it shredded off from the plastic vanes .I remember replacing it back some twelve years ago,when Oreilleys was checkers . They can have one tommarow.$237 WTF.for a reman.I give him my phone # and he can't find warrantee. Lucky me I still got the receipt, I paid $49.99 on 3/17/08.Can you believe it quadrupled in price.oh I need a belt too.

Attachments

• IMG_20201003_201805_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20201003_201805_hdr.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20201003_201901_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20201003_201901_hdr.jpg
    593.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20201003_201952_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20201003_201952_hdr.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 75
  • Wow
I bypassed it with a different belt. If you have air I think I can give you the number. I had a very hard time with the string method at the time.
yeah Pete I got factory ac. I'd like to get a shorter belt just in case. I did get a free replacement from oh oh oreilleys.And I found my old belt two blocks from my house,and Auto get in the zone warranteed the five mounts old continental belt, so no cost repair.

One f,ing thing after another.Took the wife out for a ride , just crusing,shifting,down shifting,she says it feels smooth and I say it's a little louder then before.She seems to think it's the same.after about a 45 min drive we head home.three blocks from home,at a traffic light,I hear a ting,I said something fell off the car,she said it sounded like a coke bottle hitting the floor.the battery light comes on and I shut the lights and hall as home,blowing the one traffic light in my way.it pukes coolant,open the hood and the smog pump pulley is gone baby gone.we jump in her tourass and head back to the scene.She finds the pulley,it shredded off from the plastic vanes .I remember replacing it back some twelve years ago,when Oreilleys was checkers . They can have one tommarow.$237 WTF.for a reman.I give him my phone # and he can't find warrantee. Lucky me I still got the receipt, I paid $49.99 on 3/17/08.Can you believe it quadrupled in price.oh I need a belt too.
Just remove the smog pump and go with a shorter belt. 84.5" I think. Here's a reference:

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 58
I am glad you had the receipt. CYI for everyone else, Checker, Shucks, Kragen & Autoworks lifetime warranties are covered by the name, O’Reilley’s, since they bought out the big, older company.
I checked it about my tools and the generator on a ‘61 I bought cir. 1992. New employees may not know it, so be prepared to ask for the manager. Being a Karen about it is optional.

I'll do the sleve when time comes. Good to know. And i feel the pain on 1 thing after another. It gets ridiculous. Im mostly sorted for now, we'll see how long that last.