FINALLLY HCI DONE!!!!

Few new things......
I changed the oil today and noticed the old oil had millions of lil specks of metal Im guessing....normal for the first 1 or 2 changes right?
Also I jacked the fp up a good amount but still when the car is warm it takes some gas to start>.....comp prob?
The oil press guage isnt registering and I thought it was because I neglected to hook up the ground from the block but even after grounding still not working....I think I cracked the sender when I was disaableing....anyone have a pic to make sure Im looking at the right sensor?
I have an exhuast leak from the pipe leading from the Header to the egr (the down tube)....the conenction to the header wont thread on there right so I RTV'd ))all round it cuz I was sick of messing with it....semmed to help a lil but I am sure I will have to mess with it some more to do it right......
Also what gas mileage should I be getting? I am only getting about 13 to the gallon in mostly suburban driving....hoping to bump that some.....

Metal in the oil is usually a bearing going bad, that with your bad oil pressure sensor, or worst case, zero oil pressure, sounds really bad.

I'm trying to think of anything that could have gone wrong with an HCI swap, but a bad cam bearing probably isn't it because you used the assembly lube.

Could it be your oil pump drive shaft?

Could your distributor gear be disintegrating?

Did you let a bunch of trash fall in to the lifter valley during the swap?

What happened that made your swap cost $3,000?

Did you notch your pistons in the block?

I wouldn't drive it untill you show the oil to a good mechanic, or fix your oil pressure gauge and confirm that you have pressure.

I hope it's just a bad gauge and some residue from the swap. Good luck any way.

I didn't get any metal in the oil when I did my H/C/I, so I would definitely consider that suspicious. You didn't run the engine at all after the swap before changing the oil, did you? A lot of coolant and nasty crap gets in there during the swap. I changed my oil after installing the heads and before firing it up, then I changed it again after the first couple heat cycles to be sure.

well the 3k came from over 2k from the kit and I got new rod and cam bearins put in.....The engine did travel alot out of the car to and from machine shop and sitting in garage, but this didnt look dusty......it was shiny but none of the glitter was any serious size, I only noticed when I was moving the pan and it glittered a little. I pray I dont have zero oil pressure, but I am not sure Im looking at the oil pressure sensor, it is on the drivers side just past the timing cover. It has a silver rounded piece screwed into the block and then black wire leading out of it. It used to have a orangish tan plastic piece over it but that broke during the swap and I kept going... Would sticking the distributor in and not having the long rod coming from the oil pump not go into the distributor cause it to have zero pressure? I had to put my distributor in again and I am not positive I got that rod in the center of the distributor. I Think I did but I dont know.....

I didn't realize you did cam & rod bearings as well. Perhaps the glitter is normal, then...

If you didn't get the distributor onto the shaft,you would know by now, trust me -- the sounds would be bad . I don't think it's possible to get the distributor seated without it being aligned and on the shaft correctly.

Dave

Yea new rod and cam bearings......I hope it is normal I checked some pics online and the oil sender is def what I cracked I just hope that thats why I am not registering pressure.....I am gonna get a new one tommoorw and see ..... other than the oil pump kicking the bucket what else would cause no oil pressure (mech. reasons).....I had great pressure before the swap (3/4 on the guage) so I think my pump was still good...... anyone else replace bearings and/or had glitter?