• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Finally, a clean pass....or three !!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 10secgoal
  • Start date Start date Jan 7, 2006
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#1
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #1
Finally, finally made some clean passes. Me and 12sec67 headed out tonight both with the intentions on 7's at least (his first outting with new stroker). I was a little more optimistic about his times than he was. I was right I am still waiting to put in the new 3.25's in the rear with the spool. But I wanted to see what it would do with these gears (2.75's). The tranny did not like it all I'm sure. Poor stall was a 3500, but was up around 4500 it sounded like(still can't get my tach to work.) I don't know were I was shifting, but I don't think it was real high. It was pilled at 6400 and never hit it. Next outing wil be with new gears at least. Then different slicks. My rims are a litle wide and I can't go below 25psi or so otherwise they just cup in the middle and I have no footprint. Plus she comes a little loose at about the 80ft mark. It's a little scary.
I wasn't able to build any boost at the line with the dogleg rear. But all B.S. aside it went 7.38 @ 96.3 MPH/ Thank GOD I put on the granada discs before I went out. I made another pass and sh0rt shifted when the tires came loose and went 7.34 @ 96 again. I bumped up the timing 2 deg the next round and spun pretty bad a pulled a 1.83 60ft. But the MPH was up....7.34 @96.98 Made another pass and got the same 7.3 @96.98 Total timing ended up at 22 locked, with 8psi and 91 octane. Apparently my new nick name is the wall hugger at the track, says the announcer. Never had a pretty bad one. But I'll dial this one in, too. Turbos are cool. My fuel curves would make an EFI guy jealous. I gots a long way to go, but the MPH shows potential.
 

65up2d8

Member
Mar 30, 2005
281
0
17
Memphis, TN
Jan 7, 2006
#2
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #2
You do realize that you're turning into the peer pressuring/bad influencing type of person that Brianj600 was for you, don't you? The turbo has so much taken over your persona at this point that you can no longer resist it, right, much like what happened to Dod Oc in Spiderman 2? It must be a Jedi mind trick because I am often finding myself dreaming of twin turbo setups nowadays, whereas it never even crossed my mind to go turbo before.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#3
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #3
65up2d8 said:
You do realize that you're turning into the peer pressuring/bad influencing type of person that Brianj600 was for you, don't you? The turbo has so much taken over your persona at this point that you can no longer resist it, right, much like what happened to Dod Oc in Spiderman 2? It must be a Jedi mind trick because I am often finding myself dreaming of twin turbo setups nowadays, whereas it never even crossed my mind to go turbo before.
Click to expand...
It's disgusting. Everthing you just posted is true, to the T!!! I am trying to pressure people. I never really thought about it until he sent me that stupid link. I thought you had to have EFI for a turbo, or it just wouldn't run right. What can I say ? It's a friggin blast to drive. I want anyone who can, to know this feeling. Drives like a charm, power on tap....We went to the track tonight, and just flat out crushed some egos. Mine maybe more so cause it's just an ugly car. I need to make a few changes to the metering blocks and I am close to set. It's running a little rich at cruise, and on spool up. I just did an 1/8 mile calulator based on MPH and it has me at 485 hp. On california finest 91 octane . MPH should go up quite a bit when I get the right, or close to right gears. I think that MPH should be good for about 6.90's ???
 
D

DJCarbine

New Member
May 4, 2005
392
0
0
Jan 7, 2006
#4
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #4
So I totally went out last night and stalked you...




jk, but a friend of mine was at qualcomm last night and unknowingly snapped a few pics of your car.

http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10764
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5467.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5468.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 121

classic boost

Founding Member
Feb 3, 1999
709
0
0
canton, oh
Jan 7, 2006
#5
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #5
congrats!
nice times especially for only 8psi and pump gas. nice.
 

12sec67

Active Member
Oct 6, 2003
1,301
1
36
San Diego, Ca
Jan 7, 2006
#6
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #6
10secgoal is right... i didn't think i would be running a best of 7.6's after getting it tuned and he said 7.3-7.4 after tuned- i guess he's right. 1st pass high 7.7 @ 87, did a jet change got a higher mph 7.7 @ 89, borrowed some guys timing gun and put the timing down to 32 degrees total timing locked out from 45 (my mistake-i didn't have timing light) ran a 7.6 @87, another jet change and ran my best time which is below. still need to play with the timing a little after i get a timing light.

here are some pics of 10secgoal and I at the track


look what dustin wrote on the side of his car..


me at the end of the night with the ET STREETS next time i'll put the skinnies on the front - i was to lazy this time


time slip (10secgoal on left) - (12sec67 on right) which side says winner i finished first but clearly he beat me with his time.

i pulled a 1.70 on my stock rear suspension with SSM's and et streets
 

Attachments

  • dustinside4su.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 143
  • richside4vx.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 112
  • timeslip0gy.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 111

brianj5600

Active Member
Sep 19, 2003
1,964
2
39
Middle TN
Jan 7, 2006
#7
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #7
Dog leg rear end? Congrats on a good night!
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#8
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #8
brianj5600 said:
Dog leg rear end? Congrats on a good night!
Click to expand...
Yeah. It's what came in the rear end when I bought it. I had to take out the 4.11's and spool to change the gears. So I stuck the stock pig back in to have some fun until I changed the gears.
Lol DJ. I thought the person taking the photo couldn't be from Qualcomm. They don't take pics of pretty cars.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#9
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #9
brianj5600 said:
Dog leg rear end? Congrats on a good night!
Click to expand...
Yeah. It's what came in the rear end when I bought it. I had to take out the 4.11's and spool to change the gears. So I stuck the stock pig back in to have some fun until I changed the gears.
Lol DJ. I thought the person taking the photo couldn't be from Qualcomm. They don't take pics of ugly cars.

PS, Brian, you owe me a little money. Any time frame for you yet ?
 

brianj5600

Active Member
Sep 19, 2003
1,964
2
39
Middle TN
Jan 7, 2006
#10
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #10
You don't mean one wheel peel do you? What knid of metering block mod? No time frame yet. Life is keeping busy. I feel a priority shift coming though. This week my parents were coming to town, but I have to go to West Va. for my wife's Grand Mothers funeral. Seems like everytime I get some time of something comes up.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#11
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #11
Yes, I do the one wheel peel.lol When I could get in the corect lane, I would pull only one wheel in the water. The other lane sucked. No where to drive around.
It's been a bad month for grandparents. Your is like the 4th one this month I've heard about.
Have you started collecting parts ?



Darcsun said:
Nice SSP stang. Though the turbo stang makes me sad.
Click to expand...
Pulled this from the website you linked. Why is he sad ? V8 make so much power with these things, if only he knew.
 
1

180 Out

Member
Jul 23, 2005
375
0
16
Jan 7, 2006
#12
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #12
Not to be a wise guy, but I think we say "peg" leg, y'know, like Long John Silver, not dog leg. Dog leg means bent, like a 28 spline axle shaft in a car doing low 11's.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#13
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #13
180 Out said:
Not to be a wise guy, but I think we say "peg" leg, y'know, like Long John Silver, not dog leg. Dog leg means bent, like a 28 spline axle shaft in a car doing low 11's.
Click to expand...


I always heard it both ways.
 
S

steel1212

Active Member
Jun 24, 2004
1,180
0
36
Frankfort, Ky
Jan 7, 2006
#14
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #14
I bet those high dollar cars with the good paint jobs where envious!

By the way 12sec67 your car looks awesome....nice high dollar paint job
 

brianj5600

Active Member
Sep 19, 2003
1,964
2
39
Middle TN
Jan 7, 2006
#15
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #15
7.3x with a single track! It is a good thing it would not build boost on the line. It would have blown the one tire away. All I have right now is 2 sets of headers to cut up, and an H2C. I don't know how it will work though. It uses a T4 flange so it would not be too hard to upgrade. It only has a 60mm wheel so it won't flow but about 500-550 hp. It will get my feet wet though.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#16
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #16
brianj5600 said:
7.3x with a single track! It is a good thing it would not build boost on the line. It would have blown the one tire away. All I have right now is 2 sets of headers to cut up, and an H2C. I don't know how it will work though. It uses a T4 flange so it would not be too hard to upgrade. It only has a 60mm wheel so it won't flow but about 500-550 hp. It will get my feet wet though.
Click to expand...
Hehe, it was blowing the ire pretty good with the vac/boost guage at 0. What headers are you going to use ? Hells, yes. A T-4, just swap it out when Brian has another Gp on MP turbos. He sells them cheaper than I got mine. Could get my plastic bonnet cheap if you want when I go to the metal one. This one should only hold 8-10 psi. But hear it has gone to 12. I need to hurry up with these gears, another track is open these weekend
 

brianj5600

Active Member
Sep 19, 2003
1,964
2
39
Middle TN
Jan 7, 2006
#17
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #17
I am going to have to make headers, 351 block. I'm thinking of a log on the drivers side to mount the turbo, and a homemade shorty on the pass side with a low cross over. A guy on TM made his logs by cutting off long tubes after they turn down a couple inches and weld the tubes to a 2.25 piece. I think that is the easiest to make and since I will be building headers for the first time it looks appealing.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jan 7, 2006
#18
  • Jan 7, 2006
  • #18
Yeah, that was Braxton 357 think your talking about. I was thinking about it one time, what if you asked heddman to send you 2 drivers side headers for the 88400. The drivers hug really tight
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Member with a 1992
  • Clutchfork
  • Oct 18, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
351
The Welcome Wagon Oct 19, 2025
Clutchfork
J
Progress Thread Family member 1989 GT- Backstory and updates
  • JRC99
  • Apr 19, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 26, 2025
JRC99
J
Fuel Fuel Pump Rewire, New Fuel Lines, and Installation of New Fuel Pump Hanger with AN6 Connections
  • AeroCoupe
  • Mar 12, 2023
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
33
Views
13K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 16, 2023
AeroCoupe
Took some pics, i do really own a mustang...
  • 2000xp8
  • Jun 20, 2023
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 6 7 8
Replies
148
Views
20K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 1, 2024
Mustang5L5
J
New to the Mustang life and community!
  • Jorogumo4
  • Jun 30, 2022
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
4K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 18, 2022
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?