Finally, a clean pass....or three !!

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Finally, finally made some clean passes. Me and 12sec67 headed out tonight both with the intentions on 7's at least (his first outting with new stroker). I was a little more optimistic about his times than he was. I was right:rolleyes: I am still waiting to put in the new 3.25's in the rear with the spool. But I wanted to see what it would do with these gears (2.75's). The tranny did not like it all I'm sure. Poor stall was a 3500, but was up around 4500 it sounded like(still can't get my tach to work.) I don't know were I was shifting, but I don't think it was real high. It was pilled at 6400 and never hit it. Next outing wil be with new gears at least. Then different slicks. My rims are a litle wide and I can't go below 25psi or so otherwise they just cup in the middle and I have no footprint. Plus she comes a little loose at about the 80ft mark. It's a little scary.
I wasn't able to build any boost at the line with the dogleg rear. But all B.S. aside it went 7.38 @ 96.3 MPH/ Thank GOD I put on the granada discs before I went out. I made another pass and sh0rt shifted when the tires came loose and went 7.34 @ 96 again. I bumped up the timing 2 deg the next round and spun pretty bad a pulled a 1.83 60ft. But the MPH was up....7.34 @96.98 Made another pass and got the same 7.3 @96.98 Total timing ended up at 22 locked, with 8psi and 91 octane. Apparently my new nick name is the wall hugger at the track, says the announcer. Never had a pretty bad one. But I'll dial this one in, too. Turbos are cool.:hail2: My fuel curves would make an EFI guy jealous.:p I gots a long way to go, but the MPH shows potential.
 
You do realize that you're turning into the peer pressuring/bad influencing type of person that Brianj600 was for you, don't you? The turbo has so much taken over your persona at this point that you can no longer resist it, right, much like what happened to Dod Oc in Spiderman 2? It must be a Jedi mind trick because I am often finding myself dreaming of twin turbo setups nowadays, whereas it never even crossed my mind to go turbo before.
 
65up2d8 said:
You do realize that you're turning into the peer pressuring/bad influencing type of person that Brianj600 was for you, don't you? The turbo has so much taken over your persona at this point that you can no longer resist it, right, much like what happened to Dod Oc in Spiderman 2? It must be a Jedi mind trick because I am often finding myself dreaming of twin turbo setups nowadays, whereas it never even crossed my mind to go turbo before.
It's disgusting. Everthing you just posted is true, to the T!!! I am trying to pressure people. I never really thought about it until he sent me that stupid link. I thought you had to have EFI for a turbo, or it just wouldn't run right. What can I say ? It's a friggin blast to drive. I want anyone who can, to know this feeling. Drives like a charm, power on tap....We went to the track tonight, and just flat out crushed some egos. Mine maybe more so cause it's just an ugly car. I need to make a few changes to the metering blocks and I am close to set. It's running a little rich at cruise, and on spool up. I just did an 1/8 mile calulator based on MPH and it has me at 485 hp. On california finest 91 octane:hail2: . MPH should go up quite a bit when I get the right, or close to right gears. I think that MPH should be good for about 6.90's ???
 
So I totally went out last night and stalked you...

IMG_5467.webp

IMG_5468.webp


jk, but a friend of mine was at qualcomm last night and unknowingly snapped a few pics of your car.

http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10764
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5467.webp
    IMG_5467.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_5468.webp
    IMG_5468.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 120
:banana: 10secgoal is right... i didn't think i would be running a best of 7.6's after getting it tuned and he said 7.3-7.4 after tuned- i guess he's right. 1st pass high 7.7 @ 87, did a jet change got a higher mph 7.7 @ 89, borrowed some guys timing gun and put the timing down to 32 degrees total timing locked out from 45 (my mistake-i didn't have timing light) ran a 7.6 @87, another jet change and ran my best time which is below. still need to play with the timing a little after i get a timing light.:rolleyes:

here are some pics of 10secgoal and I at the track


look what dustin wrote on the side of his car..:owned:
dustinside4su.webp


me at the end of the night with the ET STREETS:nice: next time i'll put the skinnies on the front - i was to lazy this time:nonono:
richside4vx.webp


time slip (10secgoal on left) - (12sec67 on right) which side says winner :rlaugh: i finished first but clearly he beat me with his time.
timeslip0gy.webp

i pulled a 1.70 on my stock rear suspension with SSM's and et streets:banana:
 

Attachments

  • dustinside4su.webp
    dustinside4su.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 141
  • richside4vx.webp
    richside4vx.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 111
  • timeslip0gy.webp
    timeslip0gy.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 110
brianj5600 said:
Dog leg rear end? Congrats on a good night!
Yeah. It's what came in the rear end when I bought it. I had to take out the 4.11's and spool to change the gears. So I stuck the stock pig back in to have some fun until I changed the gears.
Lol DJ. I thought the person taking the photo couldn't be from Qualcomm. They don't take pics of pretty cars.
 
brianj5600 said:
Dog leg rear end? Congrats on a good night!
Yeah. It's what came in the rear end when I bought it. I had to take out the 4.11's and spool to change the gears. So I stuck the stock pig back in to have some fun until I changed the gears.
Lol DJ. I thought the person taking the photo couldn't be from Qualcomm. They don't take pics of ugly cars.

PS, Brian, you owe me a little money.:p Any time frame for you yet ?
 
You don't mean one wheel peel do you? What knid of metering block mod? No time frame yet. Life is keeping busy. I feel a priority shift coming though. This week my parents were coming to town, but I have to go to West Va. for my wife's Grand Mothers funeral. Seems like everytime I get some time of something comes up.
 
Yes, I do the one wheel peel.lol When I could get in the corect lane, I would pull only one wheel in the water. The other lane sucked. No where to drive around.
It's been a bad month for grandparents. Your is like the 4th one this month I've heard about.
Have you started collecting parts ?



Darcsun said:
Nice SSP stang. Though the turbo stang makes me sad.
Pulled this from the website you linked. Why is he sad ? V8 make so much power with these things, if only he knew.
 
Not to be a wise guy, but I think we say "peg" leg, y'know, like Long John Silver, not dog leg. Dog leg means bent, like a 28 spline axle shaft in a car doing low 11's. :(
 
7.3x with a single track! It is a good thing it would not build boost on the line. It would have blown the one tire away. All I have right now is 2 sets of headers to cut up, and an H2C. I don't know how it will work though. It uses a T4 flange so it would not be too hard to upgrade. It only has a 60mm wheel so it won't flow but about 500-550 hp. It will get my feet wet though.
 
brianj5600 said:
7.3x with a single track! It is a good thing it would not build boost on the line. It would have blown the one tire away. All I have right now is 2 sets of headers to cut up, and an H2C. I don't know how it will work though. It uses a T4 flange so it would not be too hard to upgrade. It only has a 60mm wheel so it won't flow but about 500-550 hp. It will get my feet wet though.
Hehe, it was blowing the ire pretty good with the vac/boost guage at 0. What headers are you going to use ? Hells, yes. A T-4, just swap it out when Brian has another Gp on MP turbos. He sells them cheaper than I got mine. Could get my plastic bonnet cheap if you want when I go to the metal one. This one should only hold 8-10 psi. But hear it has gone to 12.:shrug: I need to hurry up with these gears, another track is open these weekend
 
I am going to have to make headers, 351 block. I'm thinking of a log on the drivers side to mount the turbo, and a homemade shorty on the pass side with a low cross over. A guy on TM made his logs by cutting off long tubes after they turn down a couple inches and weld the tubes to a 2.25 piece. I think that is the easiest to make and since I will be building headers for the first time it looks appealing.